Soon after completing her graduate studies in psychology, Dr. Sharon Prentice found
the world of secular psychology lacking-her patients needed “something more”. So,
she set out to investigate and explore alternative methods in the field of mental
health that would incorporate that “something special” she believed existed in each
and every individual soul. Her journey would take her through the great religions of
the world as well as to a discovery of ancient, time-proven alternatives to modern
therapeutic models of counseling. She is the author of the bestselling book
“Becoming Starlight: A Shared Death Journey from Darkness to Light” which
attempts to answer the question “Is this all there is?” She now primarily works with terminally ill
patients and their families to help them transition with more love, truth, and surrender.
Beth Clayton Beth Clayton (your host) is a soul-based life and health coach and loves to help
open-hearted people break free from their own self-sabotage, outdated thought patterns, and
past pain so they can deepen their relationship with their own soul’s intuition, speak their truth
courageously and fulfill their most authentic desires. She is the creator of multiple group
programs, retreats, and transformational workshops, leading hundreds of truth-seekers toward
finding freedom and ease in their relationship with food, their bodies, their lives and ultimately,
In this episode we dive into:
● Sharon’s journey from the death of her infant daughter and rejection of life and God to
helping terminally ill patients die with and their families grieve with love, grace, and
● How Sharon’s shared death experience (SDE) at the moment of her husband’s passing
changed her entire perspective of death and life.
● The beauty, magic, and healing that can happen in the room where someone is taking
their last breath.
● Why Sharon encourages everyone to perceive the deathbed differently and enter into a
place of joy, music, and laughter.
● Why it is important to say what you need to say, even if it is difficult for the person who is
dying to hear.
● The love and non-judgment that Sharon has experienced on the other side, and why she
shares that knowledge as much as she possibly can.
● How writing “Becoming Starlight” became part of her own healing and part of how she
serves the love she has for her late daughter and husband.
You can find Sharon at:
https://sharonprentice.com/@sharonprenticephd on Instagram
Becoming Starlight: A Shared Death Journey from Darkness to Light
You can find Beth at:
@bethclaytoncoach on Instagram
www.soulbodylife.com Grab your free e-book, “The Secrets in Your Sabotage” at www.soulbodylife.com/free-stuff Beth’s TedX RIGHT HERE.