Kristen Willeumier, Ph.D.: “The more reading you're doing as you age will still keep your brain sharp. You're going to continue to learn.”
Willeumier, neuroscientist and author of Biohack Your Brain, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the underrated things affecting your brain health & what to do about it, plus:
- How to game-ify your life for a better brain
- What you can do while you’re young to get ahead of cognitive decline
- Why hydration is crucial for your brain
- How many minutes you actually need to read for better brain health
- The strange reason spending time in nature soothes us so much
Referenced in the episode:
- Willeumier's book, Biohack Your Brain.
- Willeumier's research on the impact of professional football on long-term brain function.
- A 2015 study showing the MIND diet associated with reduced neurodegenerative decline.
- Willeumier's research on the similarities in football players' brains compared to the general population.
- mbg Podcast episode #298, with Dan Buettner.
- Brain HQ website.
- Kate Fagan's book, What Made Maddy Run.
Our bestselling gut health supplement is back in stock! Make sure to use the code PROBIOTICPOD at checkout to save 25% off your first month subscription. It's the only blend in the world with our unique combination of four strains to help beat bloating, aid digestion, and reset your gut.* To learn more about the supplement Jason swears by, visit mindbodygreen.com/probioticpod.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications, consult with your doctor before starting a supplement routine. It is always optimal to consult with a health care provider when considering what supplements are right for you.