Simon Hill: “In Western society, we have made animal protein the hero of the plate. We want to flip that.”
Hill, a nutritionist and physiotherapist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss why your diet should be 85% plants, plus:
- How to get the most bang for your bunk with plant-based eating
- How to eat to protect your heart
- The brain-healthy reason you should eat a leafy green salad every day
- Why you should eat "stressed out" plants
- The sneaky way you might be sabotaging iron absorption
Referenced in the episode:
- Hill's book, The Proof is in the Plants.
- Hill's podcast, Plant Proof.
- Cronometer app.
- Research showing garlic and onion can increase nonheme iron absorption in food.
- A study on the link between leafy greens and younger brains.
- A study on fiber vs. fermented foods and balancing the inflammatory response.
- A study showing higher intake of lutein associated with cognitive flexibility.
- A study showing saturated fat can increase fat buildup in the liver, even without an excess of calories.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by Emergen-C, the dietary supplement and wellness brand for year-round immune support.* Give it a listen and claim your coupon today! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.