Emily Oster, Ph.D.: “We're going to see schools not just try to make people be nice to each other on the playground, but actually try to teach them tools for how they can work through conflict and develop empathy.”
Oster, a parenting expert and economics professor at Brown University, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss thought-provoking data points around the future of post-COVID education, plus:
- How she became an authority figure on the school-reopening debate
- How family meals may have affected your food preferences
- How parents can combat decision fatigue
- How to get kids to actually eat healthy
- How to help raise your kid's self-esteem
- The latest on what she's seeing with the Delta variant
Referenced in the episode:
- Oster's newest book, The Family Firm.
- Oster's previous titles, Cribsheet and Expecting Better.
- mbg Podcast episode #187, with Ethan Weiss, M.D.
- Oster's Atlantic article, "Schools Aren't Super-Spreaders."
- Dean of Public Health at Brown University, Ashish Jha, M.D., MPH.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.