“I recognize the importance of communications and evangelization, the use of all tools possible to get out the Good News.” —Bishop Burbidge
In his threefold role of teaching, sanctifying and governing, Bishop Burbidge is committed to articulating the Good News through all available media. He posts a daily meditation on Twitter (@BishopBurbidge), many of his homilies are available on YouTube, and he enjoys giving video reflections for important events, key Church campaigns, and significant liturgical days. Bishop Burbidge also gives a weekly WTOP radio reflection on faith, family, culture and more – all available online.
Healed Changed and Transformed - One Minute With Bishop Burbidge
This is Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington. Throughout the Gospels, we often see that Jesus is approached by individuals who in faith ask him to heal them. One such person was cured after 38 years. What a powerful reminder! With the Lord’s grace and saving help, we can be healed, changed and transformed, even from the vices, habits and addictions that seem to have controlled us for so long. What seems to have a grip on us is never stronger than the Lord’s power.
Mother's Day - One Minute With Bishop Burbidge
This is Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington. This Sunday we will once again have the great privilege to celebrate Mother’s Day, honoring those women, both living and deceased, who have dedicated their lives to making ours better. The nurturing and care that mothers represent have never been so important than during this past year. Mothers, as your families faced once-in-a-lifetime challenges, it was unsurprising that you retained a steadfast hand, a strong resolve...
Find the Joy of Giving Back - One Minute With Bishop Burbidge
This is Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington. As we close National Volunteer Month, it is the opportune time to do two things: One is to thank those who give so unselfishly of their time and talent. It is estimated that 25 percent of Americans volunteer in some capacity. The second is to challenge the remaining 75 percent to find the time and make the effort to help those less fortunate.
Derek Chauvin trial, COVID updates, Cancel Culture, Mother’s Day and more. #70
In this week’s episode of the Walk Humbly Podcast:
Derek Chauvin is convicted on all 3 counts. What now?
As “cancel culture” continues, how do we balance the need for justice with mercy?
Mother’s Day is around the corner
Bishop Burbidge addresses mental health and Catholic teaching
Bishop Burbidge answers these questions from the audience:
How do you balance God’s will with free will?
If you had no monetary restrictions, what would you do for the diocese?
Child Abuse Prevention Month - One Minute With Bishop Burbidge
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Tragically in 2019 alone there were more than 650,000 reported cases of child abuse. To resist this evil we must be vigilant and observant and recognize the warning signs, particularly unexplained injuries, depression and poor hygiene, among others. We must be willing to accompany them on their journey of healing, and it must be done on their time.
No Doubt - One Minute With Bishop Burbidge
As we continue the joy of the Easter Season, Sacred Scripture reminds us of the story of "Doubting Thomas," who would not believe in the Resurrection until he saw for himself the nail marks in the hands and feet of Christ. We live in a time of great doubt, uncertainty and suspicion, and our society has changed. Yet spiritually nothing has changed. Jesus leaves no doubt - He is with us until the end of time.
Thanks to the Bishop
Thanks for the impromptu quiz on your podcast. Also information about how everything works. Thank you for teaching me something new
Mary S. Noel
My Fav Podcast
Loyal listener! Inspirational & uplifting to my daily work grind. Vivat Jesus!
Working in DC can sometimes be challenging due to opponents of the tenets of the Church.
It is so encouraging to hear Bishop Burbidge’s podcast and reminds me why I am a practicing Catholic.
Thank you for this excellent communication forum.