Truth in Love: Biblical Solutions for the Problems People Face. A Podcast from the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
Our goal for this podcast is to create a resource for the church to use that is relevant, practical, and accessible. Each edition of the podcast will last about ten minutes and will provide practical solutions for the problems we face in a fallen world.
TIL 287: John Newton and Biblical Counseling (feat. Keith Palmer)
- Who is John Newton
- Newton's theology of suffering
- Newton's care for those suffering
- Resources on John Newton's pastoral care and counseling
Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ – Tony Reinke
Letters of John Newton
TIL 286: Honoring Jay Adams (1929 – 2020)
A tribute to Jay Adams.
Whole Counsel: The Public and Private Ministries of the Word: Essays in Honor of Jay E. Adams - by Donn R Arms (Editor), Dave Swavely (Editor)
"Theology and Counseling are Inseparable" - Jay Adams (Free Conference Message)
TIL 285: Counseling Those with Panic Attacks (feat. Nathan Currey)
- Manifestations of Panic Attacks
- How to help in the middle of a panic attack
- Scriptural Passages for Counseling
- Tools, Techniques, and Resources
TIL 284: How Biblical Counseling Transformed My Marriage (feat. Tim Keeter)
A Testimony from the Keeter Family
Find a Training Center:
Learn more about Counseling Ministries and ACBC Certified Counseling Centers by reaching Sam Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org
TIL 283: Spiritual Warfare in the Family (feat. Stuart Scott)
- Causes of Spiritual Sleepiness
- Spiritual Warfare in the counseling room
- Misconceptions about parenting and spiritual warfare
- Counsel for fearful parents
Send your Truth in Love questions to email@example.com
TIL 282: Spirit-Empowered Counseling (feat. Scott Mehl)
- Is not all Biblical Counseling Spirit-Empowered?
- What are symptoms of not being dependent on the Spirit of God in counseling
- How can we engender Spirit-dependence in counseling?
- Why do we forget God?
Loving Messy People - Scott Mehl
Customer ReviewsSee All
This is a fantastic resource for Christians and ministry workers to think biblically about life issues
God has been kindling a desire in me to become a Biblical counselor for a few years now. I recently started receiving Biblical counseling and found this podcast around the same time. I believe the fire is lit now! So grateful for this podcast! I am enjoying listening to all of the old episodes; but once I’m caught up, I will hope for more than one episode per week! God bless you for all you’re doing ACBC!!
I thank God that I found this podcast when I did. I am currently a nursing student who is taking Psychiatric nursing as a requirement for my degree. I have been listening to podcast episodes that deal directly with topics we are covering in class. It has really helped me to think biblically about my class content. Thank you for the work you do!!