Taking entrepreneurs from exhausted to empowered. Are you working hard but it’s just not working?
Want to learn proven success strategies you could action immediately to move from exhausted to empowered?
It’s all here on the ‘Feeling Forwards’ podcast with your host, bestselling author, Certified Master Neuroplastician, High Performance Coach working with entrepreneurs and business leaders around the world, Elizabeth Gould.
Whether it’s interviewing thought leaders, entrepreneurs, CEOs, athletes, or celebrities as well as revealing Elizabeth’s proven high performance habits and step by step success strategies, every episode includes three immediately actionable take aways to help you create the future you want to enjoy.
Whether you’re an emerging entrepreneur or ready to upscale your lifestyle and business, Elizabeth’s passion is to inspire and equip you to create enjoyable and sustainable success.
As NYT#1 bestselling author and life strategist Tony Robbins says, ‘Feeling Forwards helps you find the power within to overcome unbelievable challenges and take a quantum leap forwards’.
Breaking records climbing 7 Mountains, on 7 Continents, as a 7 time Mom. Why not?
In this episode, Elizabeth interviews Jenn Drummond, a mother of seven, successful business owner and world record holder as the first woman to climb the second highest summits on each of the seven continents. Jenn shares her inspiring experiences and strategies for achieving life goals. Her book, 'Breakproof: Seven Strategies to Build Resilience and Achieve Your Life Goals' is out now. Jenn reflects on her personal journey to her achievements, highlighting the significance of keeping personal commitment, effective self-talk, and assembling the right team for big goals, her training routine, the challenges, and lessons from her mountaineering expeditions are revealed. Plus Elizabeth reveals three great strategies from Jenn’s story at the end of the episode you can action straight away.
00:17 Introduction to Jenn Drummond
01:00 Jenn's early career in business.
03:06 Surviving a devasting car crash in 2018 and its aftermath.
09:19 How the crash and a book on uphill training led to the decision to climb the Seven Second Summits.
14:34 The mindset adjustments Jenn made to overcome challenges in the early stages.
15:44 The unpredictable journey of the Russian summit and how it was a game changer.
17:34 How Jenn had to learn to adapt, even when she didn’t want to.
18:33 Discovering resilience in unfamiliar and often life threatening situations.
19:11 The idea for ‘Breakproof’ and how it evolved.
20:27 The lessons from the seven summits and how they differed.
25:19 How Jenn combined training with 7 children and made it work.
28:48 Combining gratitude and positive self-talk in everyday moments.
29.30 The 3 strategies from Jenn’s journey to apply to empower you today.
And so much more!
Connect with Jenn at
From Addiction to Empowerment Through Firewalking with Dave Albin
From Addiction to Empowerment Through Firewalking
Elizabeth hosts an enlightening conversation with Dave Albin, who transformed his life from a troubled childhood engulfed in alcohol and drug addiction to becoming a firewalk captain for renowned life coach Tony Robbins.
The discussion delves into Dave's journey of overcoming addiction and learning to shift his perspective, using challenges as stepping stones to personal growth. After leaving Tony Robbins's company in 2014, Dave has been organizing firewalk events for corporate giants like Google, NASA, and Heineken.
Dave shares strategies to confront fear and sustain personal transformation and also reveals plans for his new non-profit, Operation Do No Harm, aimed at empowering veterans, single mums, bullied children, and first responders. At the end of the episode, Elizabeth shares three life lessons from the episode and how you can apply that to transform your own life.
In this episode,
00:00 Introduction and Overview of the Podcast
01:19 Dave Albin's Early Life and Struggles with Addiction
01:19 Dave's Transformation Journey and Introduction to Personal Development
01:19 Dave's Career with Tony Robbins and Firewalk Experience
01:19 Dave's Post-Firewalk Reflections and Decisions
01:34 Dave's Personal Stories and Lessons from His Past
03:01 Dave's Journey to Sobriety and Personal Growth
05:16 Dave's Experience with Tony Robbins' Personal Power Program
07:11 Dave's First Firewalk Experience and Its Impact
15:12 Dave's Career Transition and Work with Google
17:25 The Magic of Clear Soda
17:43 Early Entrepreneurial Lessons
18:29 The Transformational Power of Firewalking
19:30 The Birth of Firewalk Productions
20:06 The History and Purpose of Firewalking
20:51 Adapting Firewalking for Corporate Events
21:11 The Power of Board Breaking
26:58 The Launch of Operation Do No Harm
30.55 3 Life lessons from transformation through Firewalking.
And so much more!
Learn more about Dave:
And another episode about powerful questions!
S7 E 1 Reinventing your branding story in an AI world.
The guest today is Chair, board director, business advisor and marketing thought leader, Andrew is the Chair of Australian Pork, Deputy Chair of Sydney Symphony Orchestra, and a Non-Executive Director at BirdDog (ASX), Foresters Financial, GrowthOps and Hypetap. He is also a Senior Advisor at BGH Capital and the Adjunct Professor of Marketing at the University of Sydney, and has been the Senior Advisor to KPMG's Customer, Brand and Marketing business. Prior to this he was the CEO of two of the country's largest communications agencies, Publicis, and Ogilvy.
When he was running Ogilvy Australia, Andrew had 17 companies reporting to him, and at Publicis he had 12. He soon realised that to grow each company you needed robust business plans for each, which had to have an easy to understand strategy, and a clear and prioritised set of must-do’s to execute that strategy. In 10 of 11 years as a CEO, this discipline led to top-line revenue growth.
After stepping into a portfolio career in mid-2018, Andrew was approached by a number of companies to cast his eye over their operations as a business planning consultant. He decided that the best way to ensure accountability of his advice, was to develop a business plan framework that leveraged his years of experience. The result was the 24 Hour Business Plan, which Andrew has now run for over 100 companies in the past few years, with much success.
This podcast episode includes:
• Host Elizabeth Gould introduces Andrew Baxter and refers to the key impact of Andrew’s message in the interview and the three practical tools she will share at the end . (0.0)
• Andrew described the early influences on his creativity and how that impacted his career choices. (1:58)
• The creative and often maverick thinking behind Andrew’s advertising campaigns that became household names for brands including Coca Cola and Jim Beam during the 80s and 90s, the "Golden Age" of brand recognition, with innovative campaigns and personal branding becoming increasingly important. (4:41)
• The mindset involved in creating campaigns for clients that may be rejected or not successful, highlighting the difficulty of navigating the industry's deadlines and competition. (10:01)
• Andrew discusses the limitations of AI in creating unique and original content, citing examples of AI-generated art and music that are merely replicas of past works. (12:21)
• The creative thinking behind redesigning the business plan model to create ‘The 24 hour Business Plan’ and how that has been so successful. (17:20)
• How selling hope and future success is important for employees, sharing examples of early-stage companies that have doubled their business in two years and larger companies that have grown by 60% after implementing their plans. (19:45)
• Andrew reveals how the process simplifies complex ideas in marketing, using storytelling and visualization to communicate strategy effectively., suggesting that simplicity and emotional involvement are key to successful implementation.(23:26)
• Elizabeth draws together three key takeaways for entrepreneurs to apply regarding mindset, attitude, and the magic of Andrew’s 60 second bbq rule! 28:25)
• And so much more!
You can out find out more about Andrew’s background and how the 24 Hour Business Plan will deliver success for your business here:
S6 E33 The #1 Secret of Success Self talk
This week I am diving into emerging neuroscience research around mindset and how the exact language in affirmations and how you talk to yourself, will propel you to success or keep you stuck.
In this episode I share:
• The power of self-talk and its impact on your brain development. (0:01)
• The impact of praise on children's mindset when facing challenge. (1:33)
• The effectiveness of nouns compared with verbs in self-talk and affirmations based on extensive neuroscience research. (5:05)
• The transformational impact of using effort-based self-talk for success. (6:52)
• My personal self-talk makeover project, finds it difficult to adopt effort-based statements.
• The self-talk structure that legendary Olympian Kerri Walsh Jennings uses and what role effort takes. (9:38)
• The power of using effort based self-talk to overcome challenges. (9:53)
And so much more!
Material referred to in the episode includes:
Praise for intelligence can undermine children's motivation and performance: https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1998-0...
Why do beliefs about intelligence influence learning success? A social cognitive neuroscience model: https://academic.oup.com/scan/article... Other Resources Dr. Carol Dweck: https://profiles.stanford.edu/carol-d... Dr. Alia Crum: https://profiles.stanford.edu/alia-crum
S6 E32 The Power of Spiritual Psychology with Drs Ron & Mary Hulnick.
Drs. Ron and Mary Hulnick are world-renowned educators and pioneers in the field of Spiritual Psychology, which they define as the study and practice of Conscious Awakening. Through their clarity of vision, intention, and purpose, Ron and Mary, Founding Faculty and Co-Directors of the University of Santa Monica (USM) have for more than 40 years, pioneered and established a dynamic educational institution offering Programs in Spiritual Psychology. USM’s unique Soul-Centered, experiential offerings are now available online and accessible to a global community.
Ron and Mary co-authored the widely acclaimed book Loyalty to Your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology published in February 2011 by Hay House and available in 12 countries and translated into eight languages. The book has been described by Caroline Myss as a “stunning masterpiece of primary importance.”
Their latest book, Remembering the Light Within: A Course in Soul-Centered Living, was published by Hay House in 2017. In the words of Arianna Huffington, the book is “an invaluable guide for anybody who wants to live a life of meaning and purpose.”
In this incredible interview, the three of us share;
• What is spiritual psychology and how does it connect with the loving nature in all of us. (5:07)
• How can you harness the elements of Spiritual Psychology to enable personal growth. (10:30)
• We describe how unresolved issues from childhood or parental relationships can be healed through self-awareness and spiritual growth. 18:46)
• How Israeli and Palestinian women came together in Jordan for a Spiritual Psychology workshop on heart-centered listening and found common ground. (24:21)
• The impact of Living a soul-centered life through service and self-awareness. (29:13)
• Healing and spiritual growth through rewriting life stories. (36:55)
• Harnessing the power of spirituality, personal growth, and manifestation for an incredible life through the programs at the University of Santa Monica. (41:55)
And so much more!
To connect with Drs Ron & Mary Hulnick :
Freedom to choose Prison Program
S6 E31 Is suffering part of achieving success?
Is suffering part of achieving success?
In this week’s episode of the Feeling Forwards Podcast, host Elizabeth Gould was inspired to dive into the interaction between suffering and success.
Perturbed by a supposedly positive yet confronting saying about how to achieve success, Elizabeth dives into musings on success and suffering interwoven with the latest scientific research including:
• The interplay between suffering and personal growth. (1:08)
• The latest research on what has the greatest impact – positive or negative events. (2:38)
• Which has the greater impact – post traumatic stress or post traumatic growth? (3:57)
• Cancer survivors' altered focus on their life’s purpose in remission. (4:01)
• THe relationship between resilience, pain and success. (5:02)
And so much more!
My favourite podcast!
Elizabeth’s incredible outlook on life and her approachable and friendly has really helped me understand how to be the best version of myself I can be! Thank you Elizabeth!
listening to Ellie a few times every week has really boosted my confidence and motivation. As an entrepreneur I feel less alone and more guided through Elizabeth's insights and personal reflections.
Every episode feels like an intimate chat with a friend! Ellie truly masters the art of making you feel included and involved in her daily topics which are very relatable. Thank you Ellie!