The Home Service Expert podcast is the No. 1 podcast for ambitious home service entrepreneurs, whether they are in plumbing, HVAC or another niche. In this show, Tommy Mello, a $30M business founder, will talk with the best entrepreneurs and experts in the home service industry and beyond, to share insights that have made them successful: from the newest marketing tools to the best scaling strategies. Previous podcast guests include Terry Nicholson (former national trainer of NYSE-listed home services company), Craig Smith (President of HomeAdvisor, a home services marketplace valued at $2B+), Cameron Herold (former COO of three $100M+ companies), etc.
Applying the 4C Method to Increase Your Revenue Streams
Steven Knight is a partner at Mosaic Home Services, a company aiming to build Canada's largest home improvement franchise network. Since 2016, Steven and his team have invested in 10 home improvement brands, growing each by an average of 58% per year. He is a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, and the Young Entrepreneur Council. He's also been featured internationally in Forbes, among other publications.
In this episode, we talked about franchising, cross selling, customer satisfaction scores..
Demolishing Limiting Beliefs to Turn Struggles into Success
Carlos Reyes is the CEO of All In Entrepreneurs and National Cash Offer. He began building his own real estate investment company in 2015 and owns 31 companies in the medical, solar, software, educational, and real estate industries, and has seven of his companies grossing millions of dollars every year. In 2019, he started the Help a Friend Foundation, an international development organization.
In this episode, we talked about motivation, coaching and personal development, hiring...
Harnessing the Power of Video Technology to Interview and Hire A+ Talent
Jeremy Tolan is the Partnerships Manager at Spark Hire. An expert at video interviews, recruitment, sales, marketing, and technology, he has helped hundreds of leading organizations successfully implement video interviewing in their recruitment processes. To date, over 6,000 organizations have used Spark Hire to interview millions of candidates across more than 100 countries.
In this episode, we talked about video interviews, hiring, recruitment strategies...
Q&A with Tommy - Building a System that Attracts and Rewards Great Employees
In this special episode of the Home Service Millionaire podcast, Tommy answered some of our listeners’ most pressing questions about answers your biggest questions about the Vertical Lift Garage Door event, running a one-man operation, CSR performance pay, building a recruiting system, and more...
Practicing Proactive Leadership to Build and Manage a High-Performing Team
Julian Scadden is the CEO of Nexstar Network, a large company out of Minnesota that focuses on best practices and better buy rates. Julian has over 20 years of experience in the business operations side of plumbing, heating and cooling, and is an expert in training, team building and coaching.
In this episode, we talked about effective sales coaching, building leadership, goal setting...
Ken Goodrich: Picking the Brain of the 9-Figure HVAC Maven
Ken Goodrich is the CEO of Goettl, and an expert in business process, negotiation, mergers and acquisition, business planning and operations management. He has been successful at flipping companies and has nearly 3 decades of experience in acquiring, integrating and developing HVAC, plumbing and contracting businesses.
In this episode, we talked about business acquisition tips and signals, understanding your cash flow, hiring from outside the industry, effective employee training...
This guy rocks.
Tommy you are a legend. Thanks for sharing so much. You have inspired me to take my business to the next level. Keep up the good work mate.
Tommy I’m from Sydney, Australia
I really enjoyed this episode as I’m starting up my own HVAC company shortly.
You mentioned that HVAC make huge mark ups on the cost of the A/C unit.
In Australia this is not the case and I can tell you that many companies are charging AU$6,000 to supply and install a new ducted system in a standard 3 bedroom home.
Cost of goods is 65% which only leaves a gross profit of 35%.
A job like this will take one whole day for 3 guys to do.
What I’m trying to say is that it’s only a matter of time before the cheaper guys start competing with the established companies and when the market is tough it will be even more competitive.
A Weekly Must Listen 😊
Tommy brings the most amazing and inspiring guests to his show every single week. With great insights and takeaways that will assist to take your business to the next level.