A few episodes ago, my friend Jessica and I laid out all the basics when it comes to getting started with dehydrating. Today, I'm thrilled to be joined be Darci Baldwin to push this conversation even further. Darci is an author and blogger who specializes in helping homesteader preserve their harvests through dehydration and pantry planning. In today's episode, we discuss why you have to be careful when dehydrating proteins, Darci's favorite fruits & veggies for dehydrating, how to prevent moisture from getting into your food, dehydrating canned fruits & vegetables, and much more. Darci has almost exclusively used dehydration to preserve her harvests, so she bring plenty of knowledge and experience to share on the subject!
Connect with Darci below:
Book: Dehydrating Basics: FAQ's, Tips and Tricks
This episode is brought to you by Redmond’s Real Salt, which is the #1 salt I use in all my homesteading cooking, canning, and fermentation. I have learned over the years that not all salt is created equal and having the good stuff really does make a difference in your culinary adventures. Redmond’s is the only salt mined in the good ol’ US of A. I love that it’s mined using sustainable practices AND contains 60+ trace minerals that not only make it incredibly good for you, but it tastes better too. Since I can’t grow salt myself (obviously) Right now, Redmond's is offering 15% off your entire order just for my podcast listeners. Head over to theprairiehomestead.com/SALT and use the code HOMESTEAD to snag your discount.
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead