Honoured to bring you the one and only Tyler Wirken for episode 27 of the This is Reportage Podcast! Known - rightly so - as one of the best documentary wedding photographers in the world, Tyler has an incredible amount of accolades and awards, and, with a vast amount of expertise and experience, has long been teaching and mentoring photographers worldwide.
We'll also be having a Facebook Live with Tyler soon, where you'll be able to ask him anything about what he says on the Podcast, or just any questions at all - stay tuned to our social media channels (https://www.facebook.com/thisisreportage/
& https://www.instagram.com/thisisreportage/) to find out when this will be.
Tune in to the episode today as Tyler shares so much, including:
• his thoughts on Vegas and shooting an elopement there,
• the ethics of photojournalism and the documentary approach,
• one of his big regrets (but why he's also glad he did it when he did),
• how social media has changed the perception of weddings,
• his documentary approach, and how that has evolved over his 18 years of shooting,
• documentary vs 'play it safe',
• the importance of diversification and having an exit plan,
• a day he'd like to re-live over and over again,
• why he loves adversity,
• life lessons from his Dad and how they've affected his photography,
• his Wirkshoppers Facebook group where he's delivering lots of free content,
• his Netflix recommendations,
• moments of embarrassment in his life,
• why it's essential for him to meet his clients before the wedding,
• his top tips for better documentary wedding photography,
• the most important picture he's ever taken,
• and much more...
There's also a full transcript of our interview with Tyler at https://thisisreportage.com/podcast-episode-27-this-is-tyler-wirken/ where you can also see examples of his work, links to his websites, and a link to the Wirkshoppers Facebook group he talks about in the episode.
To join us at This is Reportage vist https://thisisreportage.com/