Excited to bring you the fantastic Marissa Joy Daly for episode 32 of the This is Reportage Podcast! Based in the US, Marissa is an international multi-award winner (including 3 Reportage Awards from us), was one of our judges for Collection 13, and was just totally lovely to talk to. Stick with us today as Marissa talks all about:
• growing up and getting her first camera from her grandfather,
• how a year in Italy was a catalyst to her photography career,
• finding out that someone had stolen and used some of her images (and dealing with that),
• some of her favourite Netflix watches,
• what makes her happy,
• how balance and diversification has been so important for her,
• how she got into event and commercial photography,
• how she's inspired by other photographers and the power of community,
• how she had Two Mann to photograph her own wedding and what she learned from that,
• her experience of judging for us and tips for submitting,
• how she took one of her specific Reportage Awards,
• why she's not keen on fruit or working out,
• the benefits of shooting with a second,
• advice on client meetings,
• advice for when you're in a rut or not happy with your work,
• important attributes a wedding photographer should have,
• and much more...
There's also a full transcript at https://thisisreportage.com/podcast-episode-32-this-is-marissa-joy-daly/, as well as examples of her work and link to her website, too.
To join us at This is Reportage vist https://thisisreportage.com/ - we also have a brand-new addition to membership: Exclusive video content. We already have nearly 10 hours worth of videos, where you can learn from some of the best wedding photographers in the world. New videos will also be added regularly. Check them out at https://thisisreportage.com/wedding-photography-courses/
Collection 16 of our Awards is currently open to submissions too; deadline is 23:59 BST on 24th July 2020.