Welcome to the 35th episode of the This is Reportage Podcast, where it's an absolute delight to be talking to the fantastic Ruan Redelinghuys! Ruan, based in South Africa, has been in our Top 30 Photographers for the past two years in a row, has won 10 Reportage Awards and 6 Story Awards, and just shares so much with us in the episode, including:
• how he's been coping with the pandemic and shooting face masks,
• how he got into weddings,
• the story behind one of his specific Reportage Awards,
• tips for better coverage in general,
• drive, inspiration and pushing himself,
• flash and how he lights a dancefloor,
• how SEO has been an important part of his business,
• the importance of people to bounce ideas off,
• his thoughts on shooting solo or with seconds,
• a specific turning point in his career,
• specific parts of the day that may have some nerves associated with them,
• Canon and Sony,
• specific tips on editing,
• why digital signing of contracts is the way to go,
• addressing your weaknesses head on,
• and much more...
There's also a full transcript at https://thisisreportage.com/podcast-episode-35-this-is-ruan-redelinghuys/, as well as examples of his work and link to his website.
We're also very excited to announce the launch of our brand new sister-site, This is Reportage: Family! The home of documentary family photography, we’ll be showing the world its art, power, importance and beauty – featuring the very best natural, unposed captures of families from all over the world. Because these are the moments that truly matter; these are the images that will be cherished for all time.
Photographers, we’d love to have you with us, and for a limited-time only, to celebrate our launch, we’re offering a 20% discount on membership with the code LAUNCH20. Hurry, though, as this launch offer will end soon.
Members receive a whole host of benefits, including an unlimited number of images on your profile, 60 Reportage Family Award entries (for individual captures), 18 Family Story Award entries (for a series of 15 – 20 images of a single family), exclusive discounts on family-photography related products/services, access to our members-only Facebook group, free entry to our parties and meetups, and more.
Deadline for our very first Awards Collection is 23:59 BST on 24th July 2020.
Find out all the benefits and join us at https://thisisreportagefamily.com/