Through the Bible, one life at a time – with author, pastor and Bible teacher Mike Beaumont
Ep 52. Jesus
• How do we know that Jesus actually existed?
• Why is the story of his life more than just a biography?
• What is it like to meet Jesus in person?
Ep 51. James, brother of Jesus
• Why didn’t he believe in Jesus to start with?
• What caused him to change his belief?
• Did he then pull rank as Jesus’ brother?
Ep 50. Timothy
• What influence did his mother and grandmother have on his own faith?
• Why was he trusted with so much despite his young age?
• How significant was he for Paul, who’d been blinded by the light?
Ep 49. Barnabas
• How did he get his nickname?
• What did he see in people that others couldn’t see?
• How did he handle a major disagreement over the author of Mark’s gospel?
Ep 48. Paul
• How did a convinced persecutor of Christians become a history-shaping Christian himself?
• Why did his lengthy trips by land and sea change the world forever?
• What drove him to explain his transformed life with everyone he met?
Ep 47. Philip the Evangelist
• Why did he travel to an area where the people were despised?
• What was the surprising impact of his message, even on a magician?
• How did he explain some amazing news to a VIP on an old dusty road?
This is a high quality, well produced but even better thought about Podcast that offers real insight, wisdom and teaching to listeners. Even if you think you already know some people well enough, do take time to listen too each episode carefully as there is always so much to learn. I now only have 2 episodes to listen too but each episode has really been enjoyable and a treat to listen too. Thank you for producing these UCB and thanks to David and Mike for these.
I love listening to this whilst I’m doing household chores on my days off. These short stories of each of Bible characters gives us something we can learn.
This is so insightful and helpful to get to know each of the characters so far and the ways God used them, even in their imperfections! I love listening to this on the way to work and it’s put in a way which is easy to access, great job!