*Blogosphere's Podcast of the Year 2019*
The One Girl Band Podcast is a podcast for female entrepreneurs and creatives who work for and by themselves, hosted by Lola Hoad. Filled with real, truthful insights into running a small creative business, the OGB podcast is intended to empower, support and connect. They're little pep talks from someone who has been in the same boat as you. The episodes vary between showcasing women in business who have been exactly where you are now, and 10-20 minute episodes that are filled with purposeful and practical advice. Lola Hoad is a creative coach and writer, as well as the founder of One Girl Band and is based in Glasgow, UK.
070- Kerry Lyons, Business Design Coach
This week's guest on the #ogbpodcast is the superb @kerrylyonsco. She's a business design coach who helps people make their daydream their
day-job and create the business they were made for. We talked about:
- Kerry’s journey from graphic designer, stationery designer, mother to coach.
- Dealing with fear and being uncomfortable, and differentiating between the two.
- Her frank and honest experience with Kickstarter and navigating that self-promotion beast.
There are honestly so many gems scattered throughout this ep so do give it a listen. Thanks as always to our cheerleaders on Patreon and our wonderful sponsors @anywheres.co!
069 - Bee Davies, Illustrator and Wedding Creative
“Take a fucking breath, have a snack and then revisit”
This week, we've got Bee Davies @beedaviesillustration on the show. We talk about:
- Breaking out of the mold that art school creates
- How her illustrated jackets became well known, figuring out her niche
- Navigating the wedding industry as a creative, dealing with client feedback and working with pals
- Dealing with comparison and identity crises whilst being your own boss
- Allowing yourself to take breaks in times of struggle
068 - You Don't Have to Share It All (+ a quick hello)
Ello. It's been a little while. In this solo episode, Lola talks about:
- A thank you for your patience and understanding
- Submit your questions for our new Dear OGB column
- Why it's ok to not share the full picture on social media all of the time
- Don't let the internet rush you.
As always, a huge thank you to our supporters on Patreon and our sponsors, Anywheres.co. Use OGB10 to get 10% off your first box.
067- When You Keep Attracting The Wrong Clients
Always a well sought after topic! How we can stop attracting the wrong clients/customers and start communicating to our ideal ones.
066 - All The Eggs In The Instagram Basket
Feel like you've got all of your eggs in the Instagram basket? Listen to this short and sweet solo episode.
065- Libby Walker, Illustrator and Maker
This week, we've got the wonderful Libby Walker on the show. An illustrator and maker based in Glasgow, Libby has her studio shop on Pollokshaws Road where we recorded our chat (with extra bonus visit from Nova the puppy!!) and talked about:
- Libby’s journey from Art School to brick and mortar business owner.
- How Glasgow and the community has shaped her work.
- Learning that you can’t do everything.
- AND THEN NOVA THE PUPPY COMES IN
- The fuck-ups and mistakes.
- Hiring team members.
- What the high street can learn from the independents.
Find her on Instagram at @_libby_walker_ and at libbywalker.co.uk
Customer ReviewsSee All
The right place the right time
I’m so glad I’ve found this podcast! I love how Lola is straight talking, she tells it how it is. I’ve got so much out of listening to these episodes it’s like they just popped up when I needed them. I’ve found the podcast insightful, helpful and very informative as a new business owner finding my way in what seems like this massive pond, but this podcast gives me hope that I also have what it takes to grow my idea forward and break out of the conventional mould of the 9 to 5 soulless office job and into something creative and nourishing not only for my soul but my families too. Thank you please keep doing what your doing it’s really helping. X x
Really love this podcast, got some really valuable content! The one thing I would say is I kind of wish the interviews would be a little more structured. Just so it gets to what people want to hear quicker! Keep up the great work though xx
The podcast every working gal needs in their life!
Lola is straight talking, insightful and always makes sense! If you’re feeling a bit wobbly and not sure if you’re cut out for working on your own this podcast is for you!! You’re not alone, other people feel the same as you! After every episode punch the air and say YASS! I bloody can do this too 👊
Georgie & Dorte ~ Social Pow Wow 💥