In the first episode after my 75 day silent retreat I sat down with Zak Stein to speak about the the current cultural moment and how we can respond to the chaos and uncertainty of the world with love and integrity.
This is part two of a two part episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- An overview of Zak’s metapsychology
- How the psyche is a triple of development, ensoulment, and transcendence and why one must work on all three
- How much of the talk about ‘sense making’ is missing two thirds of the picture
- The noetic function of love
- The relationship between language, image and symbol
- How ensoulment lags behind development and transcendence in terms of emphasis in transformational culture
- Why working with image and ensoulment might be the most important work that can be done right now
- What image has to do with the resolution of the meaning crisis
- Zak’s theory that, at some point, a shared cultural image will spontaneously create collective coherence
- How ethics is implicated in Zak’s metapsychology
- How virtue ethics is the antidote to virtue signaling
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/emerge/support