Join Dan Miller every week for the "48 Days To The Work You Love" Internet Radio Show. Dan is referred to as the nation's leading authority on work, career and business start-up. This long-running show continues to sit solidly in the top 1% of all podcasts in the world. Dan believes we can all find - or create - work that is meaningful, purposeful, and profitable.
Maybe I need to think more vs do more…
I've always loved setting big goals at the beginning of each year. In fact, I am consistent about having my goals completed for the coming year, in seven different areas of my life, by November 14th of each preceding year. But recently I’ve been challenged by some people I love and trust about the necessity of approaching the new year in that manner. People whom I highly admire, who are kind and loving, and also very high achievers. Maybe it's more about mindset than having a to-do list.
1. I would LOVE to do a remote job or start my own home business. I am so scared of the financial aspect of it.
2. After much arguing with my husband, I am almost at the point of giving up but I feel deep down that I must go on.
3. I am in the process of launching a podcast called “Life’s Final Hour” which consists of interviewing people that have 6 months or less to live to learn life’s most important lesson.
4. I want to get your insight on moving from being an employee to being a consultant.
5. I need to find a way drive or grow my business without hiring additional help.
Get direct links to the resources mentioned in this podcast, including my 11-page workbook, Who Are You and Why Are You Here, and my Mastermind Principles Masterclass at https://www.48days.com/word-of-the-year
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love
Selling without Shame or Guilt…
1. When you were first getting started, how did you decide that career and life coaching was your niche?
2. How can we get people who have the means to help with spreading our message to people who need it but can’t afford it?
3. How do you get someone to join your mission?
4. I have a dream of opening a breakfast cafe with a limited menu that could serve as a location for people to gather for Bible studies.
5. Hi Dan, I’m seriously considering real estate investments in 2022. I know they are many ways to invest in RE but I want to choose the option that allow me to invest my time going on mission trips.
Full show notes and links: https://www.48days.com/selling-without-shame-or-guilt/
Maybe you just need a new map…
There are always multiple ways to get to your desired destination. The important component is that you DECIDE to get to your destination. What have you “decided” your destinations are for 2022?
1. What’s the best way to move up to the house we want?
2. How can I get the nicer car I want this year?
3. I want 2022 to be the year I start my own business - how do I begin?
Full show notes: https://www.48days.com/enjoy-the-process/
Submit your Questions to: https://www.48days.com/askdan/
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work You Love
The gift for someone who has everything…
We tend to give to people who have less than we have. But what about people who have more - who are not struggling financially? Here's a challenge and some tips for giving well to people who are doing well (financially).
1. How do you show appreciation, encouragement or inspiration to someone who is doing well?
Submit your Questions to: https://www.48days.com/askdan/ If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work You Love
If nothing else, you can give away a smile…
I'm so aware right now of people who are fearful, discouraged, frustrated and lonely. It's clear the uncertainty and unexpected changes of the last two years have contributed to many feeling ungrounded and vulnerable. It doesn’t take money to give some of the most precious gifts: time, encouragement, a listening ear. Be very aware of those around you, especially during that time of year. Give the gift of a smile today. It costs you nothing, and you still have it to give again and again.
1. Is it a bad thing to avoid work?
2. My husband and I both realized it wasn't just job satisfaction we were struggling with, it was our entire lifestyle.
3. When you talk about the books you have read, do you read every book word for word or is it just skimming for highlights?
4. How can I find time for another income stream when working 60 hours a week already and taking care of family members with health issues?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including my Recommended Reading List in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/give-the-gift-of-a-smile/
I looked for my passion - and found nothing
Don't expect "passion" to show up fully developed. It's typically more developed than discovered. Start by following your Curiosity, build some Proficiency, develop your Passion, find a Purpose, provide a Promise, and enjoy the Profits. Anyone can start with 10 ideas and from there, have a clear direction, plan and profits in 48 Days.
1. Can I have multiple business ideas under one business name?
2. I looked for my passion and found nothing.
3. I'm making too much money at my regular job to focus enough time on my side business.
4. After 38 years of pastoral ministry I’m struggling with charging for coaching.
5. How can I be like Dan and start and grow an online business without using social media.
6. Actually getting from ‘having a business' to ‘having a business that makes money’?
7. How can I make the money promised in the MLM company?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including my free workbook, Who Are You and Why Are You Here and my free 2022 Goal Setting Guide in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/i-looked-for-my-passion-and-found-nothing
Favorite podcast in my library!
This podcast has been a consistent weekly go to for me now for almost 10 years. Dan’s message has impacted my life in some amazing ways and I give him much of the credit for the exciting trajectory that my career is on today!
Learning Plein Air
48days is has been my go to top 5 podcasts for years because Dan is one of those guys who can change the trajectory of your life. There is no fluff here . Every podcast is filled with positivity and actionable ideas that can help you find work that is purposeful and profitable.
Flying high with the Eagles
Dan Miller is a class-act, the real deal. As a member of his Eagles community I get to see him interact with, encourage and support other business owners in their journey to work and life we love. I can say from first hand experience that his advice and community really have made a substantial, even a crucial and pivotal difference in my own journey to find and spread my wings.