Jonathan Goldhill is a masterful business coach and personal strategist specializing in guiding next-generation leaders of family businesses to scale up their business as they take control over the leadership and ownership of the family business. Based in the Los Angeles metro area, Goldhill Group has been serving closely held and family business clients in the lower-middle market nationwide since 1987. Jonathan left New York for California at age 20 after his family’s large, privately-held men’s apparel manufacturing company—started by his great-grandfather—sold to a conglomerate in its third generation of family ownership. Within ten years, Jonathan had established himself as the go-to expert for entrepreneurs looking to find their freedom. Today, Jonathan brings thirty years of experience advising, coaching, consulting, training, and guiding entrepreneurial and family businesses to grow their revenues, profits and people’s leadership.
That is what you see on the surface. Listen to this episode of The Verdict where we dive deeper!
In this episode:
· Growing up at the intersection of business and community organizing
· The powerful relationship of husband and wife in business
· Differentiating your strategies to dominate your market
· Streamlining your systems to optimize your business
· Disrupting the status quo to enable a family business to achieve success in today’s world
· The importance of trusted leadership to set the vision and achieve growth
· Leadership as the cornerstone that sets the precedent from the top down
· The ostrich, the bulldozer, and the marshmallow as leader archetypes
· Building a better team for the ultimate competitive advantage
· Paying attention to your biochemistry to be the best that you can be
I hope you enjoyed the episode! Jonathan was so generous to share his story and give us some insight into what makes a family business successful.
Please let me know your thoughts!
Connect with Jonathan:
Connect with Tom Feher:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices