37 min

Episode 10: The Importance of Addressing Social Determinants in Healthcare The Spark

    • Health & Fitness

Only 20% of your health outcome is linked to medical care, while the remaining 80% is heavily influenced by lifestyle behaviors and personal choices.

In this episode, Dr. Joseph Webb, CEO of Nashville General Hospital, emphasizes social determinants of health and the impact of disparities, particularly among marginalized populations, while also highlighting innovative solutions like food pharmacies to tackle food insecurity and improve patient outcomes. Healthcare providers can effectively address disparities by targeting social determinants like education, and in this interview, Dr. Webb advocates for evidence-based healthcare delivery, encouraging leaders to follow his thought leadership to improve the healthcare world.

Tune in and learn how engaging with faith-based communities can be a powerful way to improve health equity.

Only 20% of your health outcome is linked to medical care, while the remaining 80% is heavily influenced by lifestyle behaviors and personal choices.

In this episode, Dr. Joseph Webb, CEO of Nashville General Hospital, emphasizes social determinants of health and the impact of disparities, particularly among marginalized populations, while also highlighting innovative solutions like food pharmacies to tackle food insecurity and improve patient outcomes. Healthcare providers can effectively address disparities by targeting social determinants like education, and in this interview, Dr. Webb advocates for evidence-based healthcare delivery, encouraging leaders to follow his thought leadership to improve the healthcare world.

Tune in and learn how engaging with faith-based communities can be a powerful way to improve health equity.

37 min

Top Podcasts In Health & Fitness

Huberman Lab
Scicomm Media
The School of Greatness
Lewis Howes
The High Life with Ricki Lake
Lemonada Media
On Purpose with Jay Shetty
iHeartPodcasts
Pursuit of Wellness
Mari Llewellyn
Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris
Ten Percent Happier