It’s 2021 - Happy New Year to everyone!
We are kicking off the new year with an amazing episode, as my guest is Paul Liberman, President, Global Technology and Products & Co-Founder of DraftKings.
The story of DraftKings has all the twists and turns of a Hollywood movie. It has the classic beginning of three co-founders looking to radically transform an industry, but this story is not a linear path. Along the way, there were so many obstacles to overcome which we discuss like regulatory changes, raising massive amounts of venture funding, a fierce battle against the competition for market share, scaling to a public offering, and more!
We also have a deep discussion about their tech and platform, which is incredibly complex and it operates at a massive scale.
In addition, we also cover:
* A fun recent story featuring Michael Jordan, who was recently announced as a special advisor to the company’s board of directors.
* Paul’s background story, including immigrating to the US from Russia at a young age
* His experience at Vistaprint where he met Jason Robins and Matt Kalish, the two other co-founders of DraftKings.
* A look into DraftKings’ culture and hiring plans ahead.
* Hiring advice at different stages of a company
* And so much more.
If you like the show, please remember to subscribe and review us on iTunes, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Play.