For over 38 years, Aaron Walker has been a small business owner, devoted husband, and community leader. Aaron has been in a personal Mastermind with his friend, financial guru, Dave Ramsey for over two decades. Aaron is on the show today to discuss some practical wisdom for Christians in all walks of life. On today's show, we discuss:
- Why the dream of an early retirement was not fulfilling to Aaron
- Why we should not make money your god
- All testimonies are important for the Kingdom of God
- How a tragic and life-changing event changed the course for Aaron's life
- The importance of surrounding yourself with wise advisors
- Why isolation is the enemy of excellence
- Discernment as a spiritual muscle that needs exercised
- Discerning by abiding in the Holy Spirit and leaning on the Word of God
- What it means to look at your life with a "view from the top"
- 5 components to build your goals over the next 3 years: Personal, Spiritual, Relational, Professional, Financial.
- Discernment in finances, being generous and honoring God with our tithe
- Advice for men and married couples
Quotes of the episode-
"Money doesn't change the heart, it magnifies whats already there." Aaron Walker
"If you're going to cheat, cheat the office." Andy Stanley