Daily news about electric cars, plug-in vehicles, sustainable transport and how we power it all.
27 May | Ford starts customer deliveries of the F-150 Lightning
➤Tesla delivers Megapacks to new Bitcoin mining facility
➤SAIC-GM-Wuling to assemble its mini EVs in Indonesia
➤Electric bike charging stations installed on the West Coast Electric Highway
➤NIO to boost presence in Norway with new NIO Houses and swap stations
➤Tesla moves to expand Gigafactory Berlin on new 250-acre land
➤Ford starts customer deliveries of the F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck
➤LiDAR developer Luminar Technologies Hires Ex Apple, Tesla and Nvidia Execs
➤ “Tally ho!” First all-electric Mokes roll off production line in UK
➤Mercedes Formula E team unveils high-tech electric bike collection
26 May | Lucid Air Sets New Hypermiling Record Of 687 Miles
Show #1479…(headline story). Stick around and we’ll get you up to speed!
Well…Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily, your trusted source of EV information. It’s Thursday 26th May, my penultimate day of hosting the show. I’m Blake Boland, and I’ve gone through every EV story today so that you don’t have to!
Watch Lucid Air Set New Hypermiling Record Of 687 Miles
- The Lucid Air Dream Edition Range remains the world's longest-range production car, with an EPA rating of 520 miles (836 kilometers).
- Tom Moloughney got remarkably close to that in the real world by covering 500 miles in the Lucid Air in InsideEVs' 70 mph range test. But how far can the electric luxury sedan go if the driver's only concern is range?
- The plan was to drive the car at a constant 27 mph (43 km/h), switching drivers roughly every three hours. Any time the Lucid Air needed to stop or turn around, the driver would switch into neutral and coast before accelerating slowly back to 27 mph.
- However, the vehicle did not manage to break the 700-mile threshold, with the 118-kWh battery running completely out of juice after 687.4 miles (1,106.2 kilometers). That was still good enough to qualify as a world record for the longest range achieved by production electric vehicle on public roads, but still a long way from the 999-mile Guinness World Record that includes prototypes on private tracks.
Original Source : Watch Lucid Air Set New Hypermiling Record Of 687 Miles (insideevs.com)
Harley-Davidson selling out its newest electric motorcycle in 18 minutes
- When Harley-Davidson first unveiled its original LiveWire electric motorcycle and began taking orders nearly four years ago, the industry was largely in consensus about the bike itself. It scored impressive marks and high acclaim for performance and style, but its sales suffered due to the original lofty price of nearly $30,000 (though the price did drop to $22,000 after entering the LiveWire sub-brand). And so it’s no surprise that ever since the original launch, significant hype has been building for Harley-Davidson’s next lower-cost electric motorcycle.
Original Source : Harley-Davidson LiveWire Del Mar electric motorcycle sold out in 18 mins (electrek.co)
CATL partners with European electric bus maker Solaris on battery supply
- Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd (CATL, SHE: 300750) recently entered into a partnership with European electric bus maker Solaris to help drive the transition to electric urban mobility in Europe, the largest Chinese power battery maker announced today.
- CATL will provide Solaris' buses with lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries using CTP (cell to pack) technology to drive the electrification of buses, the company said.
- Thanks to the long life and high thermal stability of CATL's LFP system, Solaris' electric buses will demonstrate significant advantages in safety and temperature resilience, CATL said.
- Solaris, based in Poland, is one of Europe's leading bus and trolleybus manufacturers, having built more than 22,000 vehicles in the past 25 years.
Original Source : CATL partners with European electric bus maker Solaris on battery supply - CnEVPost
ADS-TEC Energy Extends Battery-Buffered Ultra-Fast EV Charging
- ADS-TEC Energy plc is extending its battery-buffered, ultra-fast EV charging portfolio in Europe, despite global supply chain and other market challenges, with the addition of ChargePost later this year. Unlike the currently-available, battery-buffered ChargeBox, which consists of a separate battery-booster module and two charging dispensers, the ChargePost consolidates battery-buffering and dispensers into a single "all-in-one" system with a large display that provides revenue-generating advertising opportunities.
Original Source : ADS-TEC Energy Extends Battery-Buffered Ultra-Fast EV Charging | Green Technology Progress (g
25 May 2022 | Modified Nissan Ariya To Drive From North To South Pole
➤2022 report rates the US on EV readiness
➤Polestar invests in extreme fast charging battery company StoreDot
➤Vancouver Requires Gas Stations & Parking Lots Without EV Chargers To Pay $10,000 Per Year
➤Modified Nissan Ariya To Drive From North To South Pole In 2023
➤VW CEO Follows GM's Lead, Reiterating Goal To Overtake Tesla By 2025
➤Tesla Research Partner Publishes Details About 100-Year Battery
➤Swiss E-Bike Startup OPIUM To Launch Two Long-Range E-Bikes Soon
➤Stellantis and Samsung SDI to Invest Over $2.5 Billion in Joint Venture for EV Battery Production Plant in United States
➤Audi launches pre-sales of the Q4 e-tron in China
24 May 2022 | Foxconn-Fisker Vehicle Confirmed
➤The “Stealth Bomber” Drops A Bomb: Foxconn-Fisker Vehicle Confirmed
➤Tesla Giga Shanghai output will return to pre-lockdown levels by Tuesday
➤Tesla Giga Shanghai May Remain In Closed-Loop System Until Mid-June
➤Einride Trailer Comes With 350kWh Battery To Add 400 Miles Of Range
➤EPA announces $500 million in funding for electric school buses
➤Leno Tells Ford CEO He's A "Truck Guy" After Driving F-150 Lightning
➤Volkswagen ID.4 GTX with LGES batteries sets Guinness World Record for EVs
➤BMW and Mini could move to 'agency' sales model in Europe, sales chief says
➤New Citroen Ami confirmed for UK sale: price, specs and release date
23 May 2022 | Hyundai Motor Group to invest $5.5b in Georgia factory
➤Lithium giant Tianqi to form JV with NIO's semi-solid-state battery supplier WeLion
➤BYD Seal gets 22,637 orders in 7 hours of pre-sale
➤Hyundai Motor Group to build $5.54B EV plant and battery factory in Georgia
➤Nissan & Mitsubishi present compact EV for Japan
➤Tesla Is Building a 'hardcore' Litigation Department to Seek Justice
➤Sysco Intends To Buy Up To 800 Freightliner eCascadia
➤EV Surge Likely After Labor Wins In Australia
➤EVs are avoiding about 3% of global oil demand
22 May 2022 | Question of the Week + Patreon Thanks
➤ Question of the Week Answers
➤ Patreon Thanks
One of the Best!!!
Easily one of the best EV Podcasts out there! Highly recommend!!!
“High Energy” and credible
Martyn knows EV’s, gives fair appraisals and is not given to hype. He also sounds like a nice person and his content choices are relevant. Ever changing subject is well served by podcasting and he’s good at it.
Concise, entertaining and informative
TY from USA 🇺🇸