We're re-releasing some of the best episodes from the podcast this summer.
Chamath Palihapitiya (@chamath), CEO of Social Capital, and Reid Hoffman (@reidhoffman), partner at Greylock, joined Village Global co-founder and partner Ben Casnocha at a special Village Global event.
Angel Island brought together 100+ angel investors for talks from world-class investors, discussions, and opportunities to make new connections.
In this session they discussed:
- What is broken about venture and how to fix it.
- Why Reid is backing new experiments in venture.
- Their thoughts on the solo GP phenomenon.
- How to think about risk when evaluating an investment.
- Whether they're long or short Silicon Valley.
- Why SPACs are here to stay.
- How to think about diversification in an angel portfolio.
- The state of pricing across different rounds.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup