In this week's episode of the Future Construct Podcast (37 min interview), we are excited to feature Howard Berger (@bergerhl), Managing Partner, SVP Programs at RealComm (@RealComm). He is responsible for all programming for the Realcomm, IBcon, CoreTech conferences and the CIO Forums globally. Howard has a combined 30 years experience in both the technology as well as real estate industries.
Highlights of Howard’s interview with host Amy Peck (@AmyPeckXR) include:
- RealComm was one of the first organizations to hold a hybrid conference in response to the pandemic
- Howard’s journey from IT to real estate, to digital transformation in commercial real estate
- The necessity to have someone in an organization with a vision, ultimately driving change
- The gross underutilization of most major office spaces in buildings, whether it’s a classic, urban, or even a suburban office
- Howard's vision to have a device that doesn’t just translate words but translates what the speaker is really thinking, what’s in their heart
00:37 - Amy Peck introduces Howard Berger, Managing Partner, SVP Programs at RealComm.
01:06 - Can you tell us a little bit about your journey to this industry and how you became involved with RealComm?
18:41 - One of the things that I think is remarkable in this industry is that you have those who are out there kind of forging a path but then you have others that are clinging to these arcane systems because it’s what they know. And it's going to be very difficult for them to compel their workforce to embrace the new technology. So, the companies that are getting it right – what is the secret?
22:12 - The way space is going to be utilized is changing because people are home and not necessarily going back to work. How do you think this will impact the use of space and how will technology kind of help us redefine workspaces? What do you see as some of the technologies that are emerging to support this kind of fractious workforce?
34:44 - If you can project yourself 20, 25 years in the future, and you could have a service or a gadget, or just something that makes your personal life better, what would it be and what would it do?
Contact the Future Construct Podcast Produced by BIM Designs, Inc!
BIM Designs, Inc.: minority-owned, US-based, union-signatory preconstruction technology firm, offering turnkey BIM modeling, laser scanning, coordination management, and other VDC solutions to the AEC industry. Schedule a free consultation: email@example.com. Subscribe to our weekly blog and our Future Construct Podcast Suggest a podcast guest