On the Sunday, May 15th edition of The Travel Guys…
* In the Travel News, the small national hotel chain Kimpton, has added dog walking services for guests nationwide. Southwest Airlines is either the best or the worst in the sky, depending on which survey you listen to.
* In our Smarter Traveler segment, we talk about the importance of “timing” during the busy summer travel season. Airports, hotels, attractions, and especially restaurants are going to be busy. Timing is going to matter. Do your homework and be flexible is part of the message.
* The Wreath Project is a locally-led effort to honor the fallen at the Sacramento Valley Cemetery each Christmas. One of their fund-raisers is a golf tournament. See the adjoining list (and below) for a link to tournament information.*
* Charlie Leocha, the President of Travelers United, the voice of the traveler in Washington, DC, joins us to try and sort out the confusing mess regarding COVID tests and your return to the US from overseas.
*6th Annual RememberAVet Golf Tournament: Friday, June 3, 2022, at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex – Alister MacKenzie Course – in Sacramento will be our venue again this year. We are to happy to be able to return to a shotgun start at 7:30 AM, followed by a bbq lunch and awards program. Please register as soon as possible, since we are limited to the number of golfers participating. The registration forms can be found here and payment can be accepted online or checks can be mailed to the PO Box or brought with you the day of the tournament. You may call or text Susie at 707.249.5852 to register over the phone or if you have any questions. We are also looking for raffle items for that day, so if you could help by donating to that, please call or text Melanie at 707.249.5853.
* Dog walking from Kimpton
* Info on the golf tournament and The Wreath Project
* Travelers United – COVID testing
* Ultimate guide to planning a trip
* Ultimate guide to planning a cruise
* CDC COVID Data Tracker: County View
* Safely paying for things while traveling