Today in episode 33 of Couple Things with Shawn and Andrew, we’re chatting with contemporary Christian musician Matthew West and his incredible wife, Emily.
Topics we cover:
- First impressions (Matthew and Emily were engaged after 3 months!)
- Pursuing a friendship first
- Using laughter to get through hard times
- Loving who you are, not what you do
- Enduring hardship and finding gifts in trials
- Refusing to fail
- Being an example for daughters
- How not to succumb to the pressure of perfection
- Forgiveness and grace—grace for each other, grace from God
If you haven’t yet, please rate Couple Things and subscribe to hear more. And if you have suggestions/recommendations for the show, send us your ideas in a video format – we might just choose yours! Email us at email@example.com.
Last but not least, learn more about Matthew, Emily, and all they do at the links below.
Matthew West ▶ https://www.matthewwest.com
“Hello My Name Is” – book ▶ https://www.matthewwest.com/books/hellomynameis
“Brand New” – album ▶ https://www.matthewwest.com/music/brandnew
The Matthew West Podcast ▶ https://www.matthewwest.com/podcast
Follow @matthewjwest on IG ▶ https://www.instagram.com/matthewjwest/
Follow @mrsmwest on IG ▶ https://www.instagram.com/mrsmwest/
We’re supported by the following companies we love! Make sure to check them out using our links below.
Glossier! Get a glowy, dewy look and 10% off your first order ▶ https://glossier.com/podcast/EASTFAM
Best Fiends! Download Best Fiends FREE on the Apple App Store or Google Play. Learn more ▶ https://bestfiends.com/games/best-fiends/
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices