Andrew Hinton is an Emmy award-winning documentary filmmaker currently based in Portland, Oregon. Andrew’s most recent work is the acclaimed documentary “Tashi and the Monk,” a film that explores a Tibetan monk’s calling to create a school for underserved children.
At the core of Andrew’s mission is for his work to provide more solutions to the world’s problems, the latter of which he believes are represented amply in film work, the former, not enough.
In our episode, Andrew and I discuss:
- How he was sparked to make films
- What it took to go from inspiration to actualization of his dream
- The theme of finding sources of compassion in the world
- Inspiring people towards action
- Facing adversity
- His journey through the making of “Tashi and The Monk”