Become an excellent speaking communicator with your audience, clients, colleagues and prospects. Full of invaluable content, this show deals with everything about speaking, and includes interviews with successful entrepreneurs who share their top tips as well as masterclasses from speaker expert Susan Heaton-Wright.
All about public speaking and presentations
There are so many questions about public speaking and presentation skills. We have a session where individuals have asked Susan questions related to public speaking. These questions include:
* What is your top tip for preparing a speech?
* What is more important; content or delivery of a speech?
* How do I know what to say?
* Do courses on public speaking?
* What is the best way to improve your public speaking?
I should add that we are just about to release some excellent CPD accredited online courses.
If you would like to download our checklist for being a SuperStar Speaker grab it here.
New Year Outlooks 2022
Speaking and sharing your plans for 2022 are powerful ways to connect with others; be more accountable and receive ideas.
In this episode, I share an exercise I do with my friends and family each year. You will need to download the worksheet from www.superstarcommunicator.com/newyearoutlooks
I still have the sheets from previous years and it is fascinating to see how my family has evolved!
The idea is that you are inspired by each of the questions and write what you wish to do related to it. Then share and discuss your answers with others. Here are three points:
1 There is real power in considering NOT targets and goals but more general changes to your lifestyle and values
2. Sharing your thoughts with others provokes discussions. They might be able to assist you; they might learn something more about you.
3. Then listen to others; how could you support them?
Here is the transcript of the podcast.
Good luck with this exercise, and do let me know how you get on.
Supporting Charities at Christmas
Suzy Moody is the Marketing Strategist for Hertfordshire Homestart in the United Kingdom. The charity provides outstanding support for parents of young children.
In this episode we discuss the important role many charities play in people's lives and how, at Christmas, the needs of their clients is intensified. This is an inspirational and insightful interview and focuses our minds on supporting others rather than thinking about material things!
Key points include:
* Why it is especially important to support charities at Christmas
* Some of the activities Suzy and the charity do to raise awareness and marketing
* How you can support Hertfordshire Home-Start
More details of the charity including where to donate are here
The Impact of Animation in your communication
Animation is a powerful way to communicate your message to clients and customers. So I was thrilled to interview the CEO or multi-award winning Animation company Salamandra, Christine MacKay. In the interview we covered plenty of tips, advice and ideas including:
5:00 mins: Plenty of advice that the visual element of animation helps retain information in many viewers
15.30 mins: you never finish learning; learning new skills keeps you vibrant
16.30 mins: Use animation to translate complex information into more digestible information
17:00 mins: remember we work in H to H (human to human) not B to B!
You can buy Christine's book here
You can contact Salamandra at www.salamandra.co.uk
Here is the transcript of the podcast
And you can grab your 10 Top Tips to being a SuperStar Communicator here.
Remember, if you like this podcast, don't forget to subscribe!
Dark Cockpit: How to communicate, lead and be in control
It is an honour to interview two such incredible guests. Capt. Emil Dobrovolschi is an Airline Captain; ensuring all his passengers and crew are safe. He and the leading leadership coach Octavian Pantis have written a fantastic book "Dark Cockpit" about how to approach leadership and use communication as the principle tool in managing this.
In the podcast interview there are many fascinating examples they use to support their work. These include:
* (9.00mins) How everyone knows who you are due to your uniform but how important it is to use communication to your team, to develop trust and collaborative working styles.
* (16.00mins) How to use a standardised language, when there are people in the aviation industry speaking a range of different languages. - And how this relates to all businesses where we need to understand each other.
* (28.10mins) Even as a leader, receiving feedback is very useful. Having the ability to make your team feel comfortable to offer you feedback is invaluable for everyone.
* (26.20mins) Communicating in the right way so it is effective
* (31.45mins) Managing fear whilst in control of the plane. Lots of tips!
* (38.45 mins) reassuring your team you can lead even if you aren't very experienced.
There are plenty of other gems and you can download the transcription here: https://superstarcommunicator.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/dark-cockpit-transcript.pdf
The book can be purchased here: https://amzn.to/3kwh1Ss
If you would like to be notified of the next SuperStar Communicator complimentary Lunch and Learn, register your interest at http://www.superstarcommunicator.com/webinar-interest
5 Scary Halloween Communication Styles
We are at Halloween and it's getting scary! I'm going to share 5 scary communication styles to be aware of and try to avoid. They are:
* Not listening to other people
* The Interruptor
* The person who won't let go of a specific idea and goes on and on
* The person who never gets to the point
Download the transcript of the podcast.
Register for our monthly Lunch and Learn sessions.
Grab our copy of our Ten Top tips to being a Superstar Communicator here
Susan and her guests always provide practical and applicable tips for speaking with more confidence and impact in any situation. Susans' vast experience on the topic always leads to valuable insights!
Congratulations on your 100th Episode
I love what you shared on about Managing Your Fear. How important it is to reframe our mindset. Thanks Susan