Why do low-carbs need so much sodium? When insulin levels drop, so does the production of the hormone aldosterone. This triggers a process that makes you LOSE sodium at a rapid rate, causing headaches, low energy, muscle cramps, and insomnia. LMNT Recharge’s low-carb energy drink powders fix the problem so you feel your best!
Today's episode is sponsored by Paleovalley Turmeric Complex. Turmeric is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, but did you know it has also been shown to support cellular health, workout recovery, joint health, and brain function? And not all turmeric is created equal, which is why I always choose Paleovalley Turmeric Complex. Paleovalley uses whole food turmeric and adds coconut oil and black pepper to help with the absorption of turmeric by 2,000%. Visit http://paleovalley.com/and use code JOCKERS for 15% off.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Lifeboost Coffee. They provide premium, low acid, healthy coffee that is easy on your gut and 3rd party tested for mycotoxins, molds, heavy metals, plus 450+ toxins. It's a staple in my household. Hurry and grab your first order for 50% off here: www.LifeboostDeal.com.
If you’ve been working hard to get fit and healthy but always find yourself getting sick for some reason, chances are you need MTHFR Support. But what is MTHFR? Our guest today, Carolyn Ledowsky, is a naturopath and Founder of MTHFR Support Australia. She’ll be giving us more in-depth insight about MTHFR and why it's a big deal, especially in treating chronic conditions, fertility issues, and other serious concerns about your health. Discover how her work can be truly beneficial both to practitioners and patients alike.
“There's a whole lot of cascades that happen when our body is inflamed, and that could be infection, gut bugs, COVID, a virus, or a bacteria. So the body goes, okay, I sense there's something going on here. I'm going to upregulate inflammatory pathway, short term only so that I can deal with this."
Subscribe to the podcast on:
In This Episode:
- Learn about Carolyn’s motivation behind her study of the epigenetics of brain inflammation and mood disorders
- Understand how a balanced combination of folate, B12, trimethylglycine, and B6 affect homocysteine levels
- Find out the ideal range of homocysteine and the danger it poses when it gets too high
- MTHFR: what is it, and why is it a big deal?
- Discover this bug-clearing pathway that produces 2 really key things to help clear bugs and relies highly on serotonin
- What brings out one of the most detrimental effects of methylation
- Factors you need to consider when evaluating if you have enough B12
- LMNT Recharge – https://drinklmnt.com/
-Paleovalley Turmeric Complex – Click the link for 15% off
-An Introduction to MTHFR – https://mthfrsupport.com.au/what-is-mthfr/
Connect with Carolyn Ledowsky:
- Website – https://mthfrsupport.com.au/
- LinkedIn – https://au.linkedin.com/in/carolyn-ledowsky-81422014
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwH3F_dC_uYK36IRvm0iK1Q
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mthfrsupportglobal/?utm_medium=copy_link
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.ph/mthfrsupportau/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mthfrsupportglobal/?ref=bookmarks
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/drjockers/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/DrDavidJockers
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/djockers
- Website – https://drjockers.com/
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here! - https://drjockers.com/join-us-dr-jockers-functional-nutrition-podcast/