This is The Hockey News Podcast.
Each week we’ll bring our experts together, along with special guests, to talk about all the important issues in the hockey world.
The Hockey News Podcast: How Good Are the Montreal Canadiens?
This week on The Hockey News Podcast with Ryan Kennedy and Ken Campbell:
- How good are the Montreal Canadiens?
- Vegas has squared its series with Colorado; who is the Golden Knights playoff MVP so far?
- Are we ready to call the Bruins 'David Pastrnak's Team' yet?
- Carolina is on the ropes against Tampa Bay. With Dougie Hamilton an upcoming UFA, do the Canes take a step back next year?
- Taya Currie becomes the first woman drafted into the OHL
- Mailbag questions
Sami Jo's Podcast: Episode 9 – Cassie Campbell-Pascall
Cassie Campbell-Pascall was the captain of two gold medal-winning hockey teams and currently works as an analyst for Hockey Night in Canada.
She talked to host Sami Jo Small about how to adapt to change, how to be a leader and how to get the most from a team. They delve into her career in broadcasting and the lessons she learned from her playing career that has served her throughout her life.
Prospect Podcast: Early 2021 Mock Draft Edition
The draft lottery was held earlier this week, with the Buffalo Sabres taking the No. 1 spot. Steven Ellis and Ryan Kennedy do a mock draft for the top 16 picks, and Ken Campbell interviews top prospect Matty Beniers about his season.
NHL Draft Lottery: Post-Lottery Reactions
Who will the Buffalo Sabres pick first overall at the 2021 NHL draft? Steven Ellis and Ryan Kennedy break down what happened at the draft lottery and who the Sabres might be interested in.
Playoff Preview: Montreal Canadiens vs. Winnipeg Jets
The Winnipeg Jets swept Edmonton in round one. The Montreal Canadiens took Toronto to seven. One team is rested, one team is fully involved still. Who takes the series? Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin discuss.
The Hockey News Podcast: How on Earth do You Fix the Maple Leafs?
This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ken Campbell, Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs choke again, lose in opening round of post-season for fifth straight year. What do you do with this team if you're GM Kyle Dubas?
- Breaking down Round 2 of the North Division bracket between the Winnipeg Jets and Montreal Canadiens
- With Seth Jones likely gone, do the Blue Jackets have no choice but to rebuild?
- Gabriel Landeskog says Ryan Reaves, who earned a two-game suspension, is on a mission to hurt people. Is that true?
- Listener mailbag, including: why do some players struggle so much more in the playoffs than the regular season?
Good but audio problems
Love the pod but the one guy needs to get better internet, his audio cuts out on every episode.
It’s stunning how consistently bad the audio quality is for this podcast.
Sometimes interesting but host has wacky views
It’s really annoying when podcast hosts talk ‘under their breath’ because when they do so you can’t understand what they say! Also, during long discussions about a player, it would be great if they repeat that players name rather than just saying “he” and 30 to 45 seconds later you have to go back to learn who “he” was.
I give the hosts credit for taking a “wait and see” approach to Anari Panarin’s troubles but it was ridiculous for the host to say Russian media repeating unsubstantiated claims “would never happen here.” Hello! Did the host sleep through 4 years of President Trump’s ludicrous tweets?
And it’s be great to have hosts with a better grasp of their audience. One of them hated the outdoor game (that’s his right) but it got record ratings! Is he so jaded he can’t see what’s good for the sport?