There are all types of runners -- from Olympians to recreational runners to those dreading getting on the treadmill. Join former International Runner for Great Britain, Tina Muir as she interviews psychologists, athletes, dietitians, authors, coaches, and runners just like you. Beyond fleeting motivation, each interviewee shares real experiences and struggles, along with practical tips to inspire any runner to be their best. Whether running makes you feel alive or totally kicks your butt every time, this podcast will inspire you to aim higher, live healthier, and be kinder to yourself as you become a better you. Let's get started, my friend!
Evie Serventi: Build Your Mental Flexibility
On this episode, we welcome Evie Serventi for her third episode on Running for Real. Evie was Tina’s sports psychologist during Tina’s years running at her peak. In this conversation, she addresses the various stages we might be in our running. Whether you’re motivated, have lost motivation, are finding it difficult to squeeze in runs, or how you’re doing listening to your body. She also covers the idea of mental toughness versus mental flexibility and being kind to yourself wherever you are in life
Alison Staples: Healing Can't Happen Without a Breakdown of What's Been Ignored
Today on the podcast Tina has Alison Staples on who has an interesting story on how she was coerced into her first half marathon. From having role models or friends who push you to become your best or to challenge you. Alison shares how she pushed herself based on the support of her friends alone. She is also an inspiration for racial injustice and how to take action instead of just raising awareness, which is what we all need. Take a listen.
Meet Running For Real Production Team Members Amber Moore & Maria Vargas
As Running for Real moves in the direction of community and togetherness, we wanted to have an episode with two members of our team: Maria Vargas and Amber Moore. Here to dive us into the subject of running as a vehicle for humanity, our rebranding, and sharing a bit about her story is Maria Vargas who is communications lead. Ready to share with us her favorite podcast episodes and her own running journey is our community manager, Amber Moore.
Chris Mosier: Sport Is a Vehicle For Social Change
This week’s conversation is with Chris Mosier, the first transgender athlete to compete for Team USA, first transgender man to represent the United States in international competition, first transgender athlete to qualify for the Olympic Trials in any sport in a category different than their sex assigned at birth, and Chris is the person credited for the International Olympic Committee’s policy change for transgender athletes.
Nat Mitchell: Failure Isn't Necessarily a Failure
Nat Michell was seven years old when she started running. She’s now run 11 marathons, is a mom of three, a small business owner, writer, run coach, and fitness enthusiast. In this episode, Tina and Nat reconnect over the realness of being a runner, mother, family member, and friend.
Amelia Boone: Elites Have More to Offer Than Just Running
Amelia Boone reminds us that we’re more than runners. In this conversation, Amelia reflects on the vulnerability of expressing oneself as more than just your sport. Through vulnerability, she helps us see the value in strong support networks, making decisions based on your values, and embracing parts of yourself that are not related to being an athlete.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Tina’s recent episode with Alison Staples is among my favorite interviews that she has conducted. Alison was an inspiring, interesting guest and Tina’s interview was thought-provoking and sensitive. I always enjoy the Running For Real discussions and this episode was truly special!
I like the contents and some the experts on this podcast but Tina is terrible on the commercials . She talks and repeating herself so much . Just get to the point and stop unnecessary talking/explaining.
The relaxed atmosphere of the podcast and the familiar interactions between Tina and the guests is great.
I would say about 80% of the podcast or useful in the other 20% I just skip over. That’s less than any other podcast I listen to.
The mixture of psychologist and runners is good and both have great insights. I enjoy the podcast immensely!