Two teachers talking about Technology Integration, giving ideas, troubleshooting, talking about why we need tech in classrooms. This was a great way to get PD out to our teachers and we thought we should share it with everyone. Here it is.
Tough Job, Tough Year
Bit.ly/TTTSN We talk about 3 Articles ab out education, about how teacher’s aren’t alright, about the decisions we make daily, and about social media reach in our students. Please share with your teacher friends, and we hope you enjoy.
Black Fri-Cyber Mon Special
In this Episode, we talk all the things on our wishlists for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals! From MacBooks to Drones, from building toys to class gifts, we have it all! Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to share!
Chatting and Catching Up
On this episode, Mike and Tom tell us what they did to keep their sanity during the Pandemic. It’s a long one, but full of fun! Thanks for listening!
The Right to Unplug
Tom and Mike talk about the right to unplug after school hours, International Podcast day, and some wisdom from Abraham Lincoln. Hope you Enjoy!
Season 7! Finally!
We talk Digital Citizenship Week and Month and what BUSD does to help Students be great Digital Citizens! Also, what's new with us, and three random questions from our PodDeck! Hope You Enjoy!
Resources for Homeless EDU
In they special Bonus Episode, we cover
1. the growing homeless crisis in SoCal,
2. What the actual definition of homeless is according to the McKinney-Vento Act,
3. What specific rights are guaranteed to homeless students in our districts,
4. Resources within our school district and other school districts for our homeless students,
5. Questions leaders should be considering as we reopen campus in regards to homeless education,
6. Tips to help teachers recognize homeless students, and ways teachers can help these students in and out of the classroom, and finally,
7. resources from LA County (https://www.211la.org) to help residents with homelessness, as well as a wide variety of issues. I researched the topic thought he LACOE website (https://www.lacoe.edu/Student-Services/Homeless-Children-Youth) , the CDE website (https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/hs/), and even national resources from the National Center for Homeless Education website (https://nche.ed.gov/).
Must Listen for Educators!
What started as a podcast geared toward educators in their district, Tom and Mike have evolved to provide practical edtech tips and tricks for listeners everywhere. Their fun banter makes for an entertaining show while I learn too! Can’t recommend enough!
Love this show
Tom and Michael do a great job of making this show accessible even if you aren't in their district. I always walk away with several nuggets to drop in my own class. If you're a modern teacher, this show should be in your regular rotation👍👍
Just started listening, and I'm super excited to learn more from the TOSAs Talking Tech! Great topics and something to learn during each episode.