Are you a personal brand struggling to build and grow your website?
The Make Your Mark Online Podcast tells you how to create an online presence you can be proud of. We’ll be going through all sorts of juicy topics like conversion rate optimisation (CRO), copywriting for the web, search engine optimisation (SEO) and content marketing.
We’ll be breaking these topics down, making it easy-peasy for non-techies like you to understand and implement in your business straight away. Pretty cool, eh?
The Make Your Mark Online Podcast is hosted by Martin and Lyndsay, a husband and wife team who have spent the last seven years designing websites through their digital agency, Jammy Digital. You’ll hear lots of laughter, some disagreements and a few interruptions from our unruly cats.
We’re honest and upfront, and won’t shy away from telling you where to save money and where you should invest it. This isn’t about us getting you to spend thousands on a website, in fact, often it can be quite the opposite!
Most of all, we want to make this podcast as actionable as possible, so you can start implementing exciting new things that will grow your business. If there’s a particular topic you want us to cover or you have any questions then don’t be weird! Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ep 045: Do You Need a Start Here Page on Your Website?
A Start Here page is a way of welcoming a website visitor who's unsure what to do next on your website. They're unfamiliar with you and your business, and a start here page gives them a tour of your site and explains what you do.
In this podcast episode, you'll learn...
- What is a start page and whether you should or shouldn't have one
- What to include on a start here page
- How a start here page can convert
- How we go against what many others say should be on a 'start here' page
Ep 044: 4 Instant Ways to Improve Website Copy
Website copy is one of the key elements that will make your website a success. That's why, in this episode, we'll give you four easy ways you can instantly improve your writing.
- How to make your copy more engaging
- How to identify passive voice
- How to make your copy less clunky
- How to use rhythm in your writing
Ep 043: Is Google Dead?
You may have noticed some changes happening in Google, which can be a bit worrying.
In this episode, we're going to talk about these changes, what impact they'll have on you and, most importantly, what you can do about it.
We'll be chatting about...
- The issues with Google that could lead to less organic traffic to your website
- How you can still maintain and even get more traffic from Google even with these changes
ep 042: The 6 Elements That Make a Successful Website
Often we get too caught up in how a website looks and we neglect everything else.
But there are actually 6 elements that make a great website, and all these need to be carefully balanced.
In this podcast episode, I talk about...
- What the 6 elements are
- How you can implement these elements on your website
- How the elements work together
- How not one website in the world can get these elements 100% right
Ep41: 8 Ways to Collect Email Addresses On Your Website Without Being Annoying
In this super practical podcast episode, we're going to tell you exactly how to collect email addresses on your website.
In this episode, you learn...
- What I class as pushy or annoying ways to capture leads
- The best way to capture email addresses from your blog
- How to get people to get in touch with you when they're on your service page
- What information you should ask for when capturing people's data
- How you can capture leads from your homepage
Ep 040: How to Plan Over 50 pieces of Content in Just 30 minutes
In this super practical podcast episode, we're going to tell you exactly how to produce over 50 pieces of content in just 30 minutes.
You'll probably want to grab a pen and paper for this episode or download our content planner.
In this episode, you learn...
- How to relate your content to the products or services that you offer
- The type of content that delivers more leads and sales
- How to get in front of people searching on Google
- The 6 key topics you need to cover in your content
These guys know their onions
Wow Martin & Lyndsay or so helpful transparent and just bloody lovely people. This podcast is amazing.
My new favourite podcast
I somehow stumbled across this podcast at the weekend and have binge-listened to all the episodes since then. I love Martin and Lyndsay’s style and chemistry - listening to their podcast feels like having a chat with my bffs. Their advice is super helpful and actionable and the Facebook group is also a goldmine of useful information for those of us building a personal brand website 😊
I have just come across this podcast and am officially now obsessed! I’ve listened to all the back episodes and get so much value from their content.
I love their friendly tone and ability to make complex ideas really simple to understand.