How did we learn to distrust our emotions? Or to disconnect from our inner knowing about our needs in order to keep pushing through to deliver what is expected of us, even if it harms us?
In this second part of my conversation with Dr Jean Cheng about inner child healing, we talk about how our inner children received wounding and what's at stake when, as adults, our inner children do not find healing
This episode is particularly rich with analysis, examples and stories about children and how these relate to our inner children.
Share this episode via this episode page.
00:18 - Introduction
02:16 - How Does An Inner Child Get Wounded?
09:01 - When Does Our Inner Child Start Getting Wounded?
17:27 - What's At Stake If Our Inner Child Does Not Experience Healing?
33:24 - PRAXIS: Listen. Ponder. Act
40:22 - Conclusion
- Was there any part of this episode that resonated particularly strongly with you?
- Pay attention to what that story or sharing, a particular point might be, that you felt resonated with you.
- Stay a little longer with what had come to your attention as you listened to your own reactions.
- Can you identify what emotion you're feeling?
- Take notice of what you're feeling. Don't rush out of this step.
- Look at a photograph of your younger self.
- Do you remember how you were at that age?
- Imagine what it was that you had most needed or desired to hear when you were that age.
- If you're ready, follow a simple exercise.
For full details of this reflection prompt, please see transcript.
- Dr. Jean Cheng's Instagram
PODCAST COMPANION WORKBOOK
- Downloadable & Printable
- 10 worksheets, over 30 exercises
- Helps you integrate and apply the foundational principles to Becoming Me
- Great for inner work and connecting with yourself in solitude
- Includes tips for partner and small-group sharing
- Free for all e-mail newsletter subscribers
FIND OUT MORE
SUBSCRIBE | FOLLOW | CONTACT
Visit www.becomingmepodcast.com to leave me a message and sign up for my newsletter! To see where else you can connect with me or my content, click HERE.
Follow Becoming Me Podcast on Facebook & Instagram
Follow Ann Yeong on Facebook & Instagram
Become My Patron
If this podcast has blessed you, please leave a review by clicking here.