Host Mark Levine of NYC Property Management firm EBMG sits with Joe DiPompeo, PE of Structural Workshop and Scott Baryiewski of South Shore Construction to discuss the new Local Law 126 of 2021 imposed by NYC DOB, relating to regular parking lot inspections in the five boroughs.
Email the show! email@example.com or 212-335-2723 x.201
**New Law** Beginning January 1, 2022, Local Law 126 of 2021 (Intro No. 2261-A) requires owners of parking structures to hire a NYS licensed and registered professional engineer to inspect the structure at least once every six years and file a report with the Department of Buildings documenting the results of the inspection that include:
• buildings, or portions of a building, used for parking or storing motor vehicles, including space inside or under a building
• open parking garages and enclosed parking garages as defined in the NYC Building Code.
The following structures will not be required to comply with the new inspection requirements:
• autobody and automotive repair shops, automotive showrooms, and automotive service stations
• garages with occupancy of fewer than three cars
• unenclosed, unattached outdoor parking lots
• private garages serving one- and two-family homes.
Email the experts!
Joe DiPompeo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Baryiewski, email@example.com