Episode 32 - "Another Shot of Yeager"
Alternate Title: "Biff Yeager thanks The Greatest Gen!"
Alternate Title: "Ducking Jisms"
Alternate Title: "Mr. Softee For Life!"
Alternate Title: "Dorkazord Truth"
How often do you see a podcast dedicate an entire podcast to another podcast? That's what we've done. The reason? Star Trek fans are a close-knit bunch, and when connected by dick-and-fart jokes there's nothing we won't do to show our appreciation. There's been, drawings, memes, cosplay, drinking games, karaoke, pins, ten forward hangs, and t-shirts, but 'round these parts... we make podcasts.
"The Greatest Generation", a podcast hosted by Adam Pranica and Benjamin Harrison, is the best thing to happen to Star Trek since Data hooked up with Tasha Yar. Their podcast has equal parts analysis and sarcasm. If you grew up loving Star Trek and being a little bit embarrassed to admit it, their podcast is easy to find. And their community of fans are easy to join.
And they are wrapping up their hilarious reviews of the "The Next Generation". At this point only a handful of episodes left. And then we travel with them through the space butthole to Deep Space Nine.
I don't need to sell "Greatest Gen" too much here, they are doing fine on their own. Millions of downloads and dozens of drunk Shimodas can't be wrong.
This episode is not just about the Greatest Gen, it's about their amazing community of fans, which Chuck and I are proud to be part of. On our podcast (this episode right here in your hands) the "Friends of Desoto" get to say their thanks to Ben & Adam for making ST:TNG something to laugh about again - amongst peers... in social groups! Out in the sunshine, with a saurian brandy in hand!
This episode spotlights the superfans of Greatest Gen, Chuck and I are mostly there to roll tape, and shut out the lights.
Oh yeah, and there's a quiz about The Greatest Gen. We like quizzes.
Thank you to Mr. Biff Yeager for working with us again! Biff is great actor with a diverse and respectable resume. He was recently in Preacher's first season, and is also a beloved character on "Gilmore Girls"! Check out his IMDB. The role we love him for is Lt. Commander Argyle during the first season of ST:TNG, and this is his second time on our podcast. He talks more about Argyle here. He is "the natural" Yeager we all are looking for. A great guy with a great story (told in our episode: "Interview With Biff Yeager").
The "Friends of Desoto" (Greatest Gen superfans): in this episode: Bill Tilley, Raz & Plaveem, Austin Harper, Dave Ko from Koch Comics, Ludmila J, Sam Tregar, Ellie Rice, Brittany Brown, and of course Biff. Here is there contact info as I have collected so far (please follow them and tell them you heard them on our show):
1. Brittany Brown: (our Data cosplayer) @hylianviolinist on all major social media platforms. Even patreon.
2. Ellie Rice - (our troi cosplayer) @reptrillian
3. Sam Tregar (started the #razcals - find him in the Greatest Gen FB group)
4. Ludmilla J. - (the woman with the bat'leth earrings) @luuuuda on Instagram.
5. Dave Ko - @KochComics on Twitter
6. Austin Harper - the admin of "The Greatest Generation" FB group. You'll have to get passed him to join! I'm not telling the secret password.
7. Raz and Plaveem - You'll here them paying the big bucks to insult each other on "The Greatest Generation" podcast, or you might bump into them at "Dangerous Curves" (strip joint).
8. Bill Tilley - not just a superfan, a necessary cog in the machine. Bill creates faux TNG trading cards using the humor of Ben and Adam. And he cranks them out fast. He's found his niche, and every card is appreciated by the community.
I couldn't have done this episode without every person above. Thank you Ben and Adam, and thank you to the everybody in the Greatest Gen Commun