This podcast is dedicated to helping those trying toenchance their life through nutrition, by providing information that cuts through the noise and 'big words' of the health, nutrition and fitness industry. Shorter episodes addressing relevant, real-world actionable topics relating to training and nutrition.
Ep 81. Tyson Brown - Nutrition call outs on social media and more
In episode 81 of the Macabolic Podcast, I sit down with Tyson Brown to discuss nutrition and social media.
A key topic we fleshed out was comparing and contrasting 3 different approaches to social media that nutrition professionals may take. 1) Simply keeping to yourself. 2) Constructive messages when you don’t agree with something. 3) Aggressive call-outs.
Ep 80. Macro tracking, disordered eating and how to reduce risk
In this episode I cover.
1. Define nutrition tracking.
2. Identify the benefits and times where tracking is helpful.
3. Identify the negative of macro tracking.
4. Explore the connection between macro tracking and disordered eating and whether it’s a driver or just ‘there for the ride’.
5. Define intuitive eating including its 3 primary principles.
6. Identify the benefits and times where intuitive eating has utility.
7. Discuss whether initiative eating can be considered a ‘weight loss diet’ or not.
8. Outline a list of questions to identify whether tracking or intuitive eating is right for you.
9. Explain that it does not need to be one or the other. Propose a graded approach to nutrition tracking and intuitive eating.
10. Explain how the 3 underpinning concepts behind entitle eating can be applied to a tracking phase to reduce the risk of disordered eating.
If you’d like to read the full blog post featuring complete references list, please click the link below.
Ep. 79. Dr Zoya Huschtscha. Nutrition & training around the menstrual cycle & more.
In episode 79 of the Macabolic Podcast I was lucky enough to be joined by Dr Zoya Huschtscha (@nourished_by_science ) who is Victorias strongest women, a sports dietitian, and a PhD researcher. We discuss training and nutrition around the female menstrual cycle and how it’s a bit of a gamble to be applying blanket approaches to all females at this point in time. That and plenty more. I hope you enjoy the episode.
Ep 78. Alicia Edge - The dark side of Calorie tracking, disordered eating & RED-S.
In episode 78 of the Macabolic Podcast, Adv Sports Dietitian Alicia Edge discusses her experiences, observations, and opinions around Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S), Low Energy Availability (LEA), and the largely unspoken deep dark effects of blanket Calorie tracking recommendations.
Alicia on Instagram: @compeat_nutrition Alicia’s website: https://www.compeatnutrition.com/
Mackenzie on Instagram: @mackenziebaker_
Ep 77. Alan Flanagan - clearing confusion around ‘good’ v ‘bad’ fats.
In episode 77 of the Macabolic Podcast I was lucky enough to be joined by Alan Flanagan (PhD[c]), who you might know as “that science, quack asylum guy” from Danny Lennon's Sigma Nutrition podcast, to clear up the confusion around ‘good’ vs ‘bad’ fats.
Alan’s website: https://www.alineanutrition.com/
Alan's Instagram: @thenutritional_advocate
My Instagram: @mackenziebaker_
Ep 76. Flexible dieting OG, Denver Steyn
In episode 76 of the Macabolic Podcast, I was joined by @denver_steyn who is one of Australia’s OG flexible dieting proponents, and longest-serving online coaches.