Patri Friedman (@patrissimo) of Pronomos Capital joins Erik on this episode. They Discuss:
- Why now for charter cities
- The role of Incrementalism versus disruption in creating charter cities
- Request for startups
- Which geographies will be the most important for the charter city movement
- How will geopolitics affect the growth of charter cities
- What’s going to be the spark that allows charter cities to take off
- The role of venture capital in funding charter cities
- How will national identities evolve over time
- How crypto networks will play a role in real world governance
- The future of nation states
- The decline of religion and its role in society
- How will charter cities affect equality
- When to overcome evolutionary instincts versus when to accept them
- What’s the future of cities and suburbs
- The future of Silicon Valley
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, and is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg.