The Bcast is the official podcast of Bplans.com, hosted by Jonathan Michael and Peter Thorsson.
Tune in weekly for a fun and informative discussion that will help you grow your business. Every week, we bring in business experts to discuss the latest trends in marketing, sales, and entrepreneurship. Skip the stuffy MBA classroom and get information and advice that will actually help you grow your business today—and have some fun while you’re doing it.
Episode 16: Season One Finale | The Bcast
Jonathan and Peter look back on the first season of The Bcast, and discuss what the future holds.
Take the Season 1 Survey: http://bplans.com/podcast
Follow us on Twitter: @Bplans
Episode 15: Unhappy Customers, Scott Gerber of the YEC, & Volkswagen | The Bcast
Peter and Jonathan discuss how to handle unhappy customers, interview Scott Gerber of the Young Entrepreneur Council, and talk about Volkswagen's customer service disaster.
Unhappy Customers (:30)
How Should You Handle Unhappy Customers? - bit.ly/1OY12p3
Do You Have What It Takes to Provide Stand-out Customer Service? - bit.ly/1r3IMPy
10 Ideas for Winning Back Unhappy Customers - bit.ly/1p6J7PX
Turn a Negative Customer Service Experience into a Positive - bit.ly/1O0Ngow
What Can I Learn From an Angry Customer? - bit.ly/1J0SzNl
The Nordstrom’s Urban Legend - bit.ly/1O0N7kY
Top Gear - bit.ly/1Nnz1Vo
Scott Gerber (17:00)
Scott's Website - bit.ly/1OmFqji
YEC - bit.ly/1lBVS8R
The Story - bbc.in/21Wav7B
The Software - nyti.ms/1NnyZfZ
Episode 14: Be Your Own Boss, Restaurant Owners, & Friendliest Cities for Businesses | The Bcast
Peter and Jonathan discuss the pros and cons of being your own boss, interview Eric Cacciatore (creator of the Restaurant Unstoppable podcast) about what he's learned from other restaurant owners, and examine Thumbtack's list of the 10 friendliest cities for small business.
Being Your Own Boss (1:27)
The Pros and Cons of Being Your Own Boss - bit.ly/20RPHgJ
The 10 Commandments of Being Your Own Boss - onforb.es/1WWWot9
Signs That You Are Your Own Boss - onforb.es/1PGeJKC
Interview with Eric Cacciatore (14:46)
About Eric - bit.ly/1iZtwDp
2015’s 10 Friendliest Cities for Small Businesses (27:42)
The Tumbtack Survey - thumb.tk/20RPNFg
Episode 13: How to Solve Problems in Your Business, Human Resources, and #Zappos | The Bcast
In this episode, Peter and Jonathan discuss Kaizen, Kanban, and Scrum methodology and how they can be applied to small businesses. They also chat about recent changes at Zappos, and the CFO of Palo Alto Software, Trevor Betenson, talks about human resources and conflict resolution.
How to Solve Problems In Your Business - http://bit.ly/1LgR1F1
A Brief Introduction to Kanban - http://bit.ly/1Wol2me
Get Better at Getting Better - http://bit.ly/1OdjHQi
A Brief Introduction to Scrum - http://bit.ly/1OdjWuC
How to Build a Kick-Ass Agile Team - http://bit.ly/1PUK51x
Scrum is a Major Management Discovery - http://onforb.es/1RDIuuf
Holacracy at Zappos:
First Let's Get Rid of All the Bosses - http://bit.ly/1KKGmeS
The Holacracy Constitution - http://bit.ly/1SdkQG3
Is Holacracy Succeeding at Zappos? http://onforb.es/1MxIjCV
Human Resources and Conflict Resolution:
Oregon's New Sick Leave Law - http://bit.ly/1GBuEZk
Zenefits (HR Tool) - http://bit.ly/1XERtzq
Episode 12: How to Define Your Target Market, Guest Eric Siu, and the #MinimumWage | The Bcast
Peter and Jonathan discuss how to define your target market, competitive analysis with Eric Siu (The Growth Everywhere podcast), and whether or not the federal minimum wage should be increased. What do you think? Share your opinion with us by emailing us at Bcast@bplans.com or reach out to us on Twitter: @Bplans.
- How to Define Your Target Market: http://bit.ly/1JCf1OT
- TAM, SAM, and SOM: http://bit.ly/1ARJftn
- Malcolm Gladwell's TED talk on Pasta Sauce: http://bit.ly/1OkfREv
- Learn more about SingleGrain: http://singlegrain.com/
- Check out the Growth Everywhere podcast: http://bit.ly/1MXX9PW
- Google Alerts: https://www.google.com/alerts
- Buzzsumo: http://buzzsumo.com/
- SimilarWeb: http://www.similarweb.com/
- Datanyze: http://www.datanyze.com/
- Facebook Audience Insights: http://on.fb.me/1Lh4Flo
- Google Keyword Planner: http://bit.ly/1KYMhRi
- QuickSprout: http://www.quicksprout.com/blog/
- Inbound.org: http://inbound.org/
- GrowthHackers.com: http://growthhackers.com/
Episode 11: Business Buzzwords, False Assumptions, and Content Tips from Joe Pulizzi | The Bcast
Peter and Jonathan list their most-hated business buzzwords and talk about false assumptions you can make about your business. Joe Pulizzi (Founder, Content Marketing Institute) also joins in to talk about the six steps of the Content, Inc. model.
- What are some of your most-hated buzzwords?
- Definition: Beg the question (http://bit.ly/1OEnvpY)
- Gambler's Fallacy: http://bit.ly/1ihyfAJ
- Hot-hand Fallacy: http://bit.ly/1KHGgv4
- Cherry Picking: http://bit.ly/1QrT3k5
- NY Times: Test Your Problem Solving (Confirmation Bias)- http://nyti.ms/1gd43om
- Joe Pulizzi's new book, Content Inc.: http://amzn.to/1K0pmo8
- Follow Joe on Twitter: http://bit.ly/1UFwy0Y