Are you thirsty for more joy in your everyday? Do you want to get paid to do what you love? Do you want to figure out your greatest passion, your purpose, and how to turn that into a profitable, thriving full-time career? Each week, host Cathy Heller has honest conversations with successful creative entrepreneurs about the hands-on, practical steps to make a living doing what lights you up, and build a life that you can't wait to wake up to every single day. You've got so much to contribute and Cathy is here to help you do it. Follow Cathy @cathy.heller on Instagram for daily sparks of inspiration. Subscribe to Don't Keep Your Day Job and share the show with someone who needs to hear it. We're on a mission to make this a brighter, happier, and more fulfilled place - and you can help us make this possible.
"The lie that we have to overcome." - Daily Dose Minisode
"All I have to do to do it is open my heart. I don't have to go to Harvard, I don't have to be better than Oprah, I don't have to write four bestsellers. I can literally just stand in a loving open hearted vibration and care. Care that my intention is genuine and care that I am seeking to give some empathy and some true investment in the well being of the people around me. Step into that. And it's just wow, your taxi cab light is on. Next thing you know, Gd just starts sending you opportunities to start checking out. He's like, 'How about this one? What about this? What do you think of it?' You're like, 'I don't know, it feels good. It all just feels so good.'"
"Lead with the empathy." - Daily Dose Minisode
"You don't even want everybody at first until your audience is at a certain place where you have made them feel seen, and they do feel that you care and you've connected. Then I think you can start to have that traction."
Mayim Bialik on Caring for Your Mental Health & Her Career Outside of Big Bang Theory
How can you learn to love yourself and look after your mental health? Mayim Bialik, award winning actress (Big Bang Theory, Blossom, Beaches), neuroscientist, bestselling author, and podcaster has always known that no matter what role she's playing on screen or in real life, she has a responsibility to love herself and others. She shares how to be okay with showing up just the way you are, what went on behind the scenes of her life during The Big Bang Theory, how to hold space for your pain instead of running away, and how to embrace the shared faith we all share as human beings.
- Follow Mayim on Instagram @missmayim
- Listen to Mayim's podcast Mayim Bialik's Breakdown https://www.bialikbreakdown.com/
- Watch Mayim's show Call Me Kat https://www.fox.com/call-me-kat/
- Thanks Wondery! Listen to the new season on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or listen ad-free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app.
- Thanks Amazon Pharmacy! Amazon Prime Members can save on prescription medication when not using insurance and get Free 2-Day delivery. Learn more at Amazon.com/DREAMJOBRX
- Thanks Tommy John! Get 20% off your first order at TommyJohn.com/dreamjob
"We are the ocean inside." - Daily Dose Minisode
"When you look at the ocean, it's moving constantly. But here's the thing, my friends. What we forget is that if you go down into the ocean, you're no longer looking out at the ocean. You go into the ocean. If you drop in five feet. It's stillness. If you drop in 40 feet, it is so still. Imagine for a second that you are the ocean. We are the ocean inside. You look up at the surface, you're going to see that the top layer is choppy, windy. That's the most superficial aspect of the ocean is that top level. The majority of the ocean, 99.9% of the ocean is this stillness. That's us."
- Join us at the Welcome Soul Retreat on April 11th! http://welcomesoul.com/
Ray Dalio on Learning From Your Weaknesses & Building a Legacy Through Radical Transparency
How can you embrace your mistakes and weaknesses and use them to your advantage? Ray Dalio, bestselling author, investor, philanthropist, and founder of Bridgewater Associates discovered the key principles that helped him build one of the world's largest investment firms, and he's made it his life's mission to pass them along to you. He teaches you how to know yourself better, use radical truth and radical transparency to arrive at the best solution, recognize your blind spots and ego barrier, and find success by knowing what you don't know.
- Join us April 11th at the Welcome Soul Retreat! http://welcomesoul.com/
- Learn about Ray Dalio's Principles at Principles Website https://www.principles.com/
- Follow Ray on Instagram @raydalio and @principles
- Sign up for updates on Ray's Principles Assessment Center https://assessments.principles.com
- Read Ray's book Principles: Life and Work https://amzn.to/3rZv58b
- Preorder The Changing World Order https://amzn.to/3dPjuDE and read the published chapters here https://www.principles.com/the-changing-world-order/
- Thanks Wondery! Listen to the new season of Business Movers on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or listen ad-free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app.
- Thanks Upstart! Find out how Upstart can lower your monthly payments today when you go to UPSTART.com/dreamjob
"How happy are you willing to be?" - Daily Dose Minisode
"What's it going to cost you to feel good every day? It's going to cost a lot. It's going to cost letting go of putting yourself down. It's going to cost letting go of tapping yourself out and sitting on that bench because you're telling yourself you're not enough. Now you might be responsible, now you might actually be accountable. Now you might actually be available for joy. Well, what did we find out from research? Joy is the most vulnerable emotion. Because what happens when I let myself have it? I have something to lose. That's scary. We want to protect it. So if I could feel less joy, I could feel less good about myself. I could protect myself from failing, I could protect myself from other people saying things about me. How happy are you willing to be this year? What's it going to cost you?"
Customer ReviewsSee All
Cathy does such a good job covering a variety of topics! Her episodes are filled with beautiful insight and wit. Her guests offer awesome advice as well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be inspired!
SO OPEN AND VALUABLE!!!
Cathy is so open with her thoughts- not just about quitting your day job, but about spirituality, entrepreneurship, being a mom, being a friend, and just about life in general! She is inspiring and authentic and this podcast is a go-to for me on a DAILY basis!
Cathy,You continue to blow me away and give me the daily inspiration that I need to keep listening to my dreams. For this, I will be eternally thankful.