Are you thirsty for more joy in your everyday? Do you want to get paid to do what you love? Do you want to figure out your greatest passion, your purpose, and how to turn that into a profitable, thriving full-time career? Each week, host Cathy Heller has honest conversations with successful creative entrepreneurs about the hands-on, practical steps to make a living doing what lights you up, and build a life that you can't wait to wake up to every single day. You've got so much to contribute and Cathy is here to help you do it. Follow Cathy @cathy.heller on Instagram for daily sparks of inspiration. Subscribe to Don't Keep Your Day Job and share the show with someone who needs to hear it. We're on a mission to make this a brighter, happier, and more fulfilled place - and you can help us make this possible.
5 Steps to Squirm Free Sales
How can you remove your resistance around selling, and do it in a way that feels true to you? Cathy shares the core pieces of squirm free sales, including how you to identify your most engaged customers, start a conversation with them in a way that doesn’t feel pushy, talk about your offer in a way that directly speaks to your audience's desires, handle their objections like “I can’t afford it” or “I don’t have enough time," and how to have the courage to show up every day.
- Join the Insiders Club! https://cathyheller.com/insider
- Thanks ID Tech! To save $150 dollars on weekly, small-group semesters, go to IDtech.com/DREAMJOB, code DREAMJOB.
Greg McKeown on Making It Effortless to Do the Essential Things
How can you make it easier to do what matters most? Greg McKeown, NYT bestselling author, speaker, and podcaster wrote his books Essentialism and Effortless to help people prioritize the important goals in their life and simplify the process of achieving them. He shares how a 10 minute microburst can create massive progress, how to clear your mental clutter and enter an effortless state, and how to gain clarity about the right path for you by letting go of what you know it isn't.
- Join the Insiders Club for behind the scenes videos + minisodes! Cathyheller.com/insider
- Get your copy of Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less https://gregmckeown.com/books/essentialism/
- Get your copy of Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most https://gregmckeown.com/books/effortless/
- Listen to Greg's podcast What's Essential wherever you listen to podcasts!
- Follow Greg on Twitter and Instagram @gregorymckeown
- Thanks LinkedIn! Get a $100 advertising credit toward your first LinkedIn campaign at LinkedIn.com/dreamjob
- Thanks BetterHelp! Get 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/dreamjob
- Thanks Away! To start your 100-day trial go to Awaytravel.com/dreamjob
How a Listener Made $60,000 with 300 Followers & Gives Power to Other Women - Taqdees Razzaq of WowMeem
What opportunities can you create for yourself and other people when you welcome in abundance? One of our listeners Taqdees Razzaq started her business WowMeem by selling authentic branded clothing from Pakistan on Facebook Marketplace. She relied on word of mouth and had no website, but within the first year she made $20,000. Now she's hit her 2021 goal of $60,000 and she has no intention of stopping. She shares how she grew this amazing company with just 300 followers, how to overcome a scarcity mindset and state your price, and how your business's success allows you to make an even bigger impact for humans around the world.
- Join the Insiders Club for exclusive behind the scenes content + extra minisodes! https://cathyheller.com/insider
- Follow Taqdees and WowMeem on Instagram @wow.meem
- Thanks Shopify! For a free 14-day trial and full access to Shopify’s suite of features go to shopify.com/dreamjob.
- Thanks Indeed! Get a $75 sponsored job credit to upgrade your job post at Indeed.com/dreamjob
- Thanks iD Tech! Save $150 on weekly, small-group semesters at idtech.com/DREAMJOB, code DREAMJOB.
- Thanks Flex! Get 20% off Flex Disc Starter Kits or 10% off your first Flex Cup, with free U.S. shipping at Flexfits.com/dreamjob, code DREAMJOB
5 Essential Tips on How to Sell with Heart - Alison Prince
How can you turn your fear of selling into a passion for service? Alison Prince, serial online entrepreneur, podcaster, and coach returns to the podcast to share her STARS formula for moving forward, the 3-way win triangle that helped her get her first customers (without any ads!), and how to reframe the idea of selling so you can serve more people and transform their lives.
- Join our free 5 day launch bootcamp! https://cathyheller.com/bootcamp
- Listen to Alison's podcast Because I Can Life wherever you listen to podcasts!
- Follow Alison on Instagram @alisonjprince
- Thanks ZenBusiness! Get started for as low as $49 at ZenBusiness.com/DREAMJOB
- Thanks Jiminy's! Save 20% on your first purchase at Jiminys.com/DREAMJOB, code DREAMJOB20 at checkout.
- Thanks Beanbox! Get your first Tasting Box for just $5 at Beanbox.com/DREAMJOB, promo code DREAMJOB.- Thanks Bambee! schedule your free HR audit at Bambee.com/DREAMJOB
My Best Practices for Going Live & How to Overcome the Fear of Being Visible
How can going live build momentum for your business? Cathy shares why it’s so important for you to go live on social media, what topics you can talk about with your live audience, how to make the offer in a way that doesn’t feel weird or slimy, and how to get rid of the excuses that have been preventing you from showing up.
- Get the Podcast Jumpstarter Bundle! https://cathyheller.com/jumpstarter
- Join our Next Level Launch bootcamp! https://cathyheller.com/bootcamp
- Thanks Purple! Get 10% off any order of $200 or more by going to Purple.com/dreamjob10, promo code dreamjob10
- Thanks CrowdHealth! Get your first month free plus the Fitness Wearable at Joincrowdhealth.com/fit and enter code DreamJob at sign up.
- Thanks Egnyte! Start your free trial today at Egnyte.com
- Thanks MVMT! Get 15% off with free shipping and free returns at MVMT.com/dreamjob
Brandi Carlile on Creating Community Through Music & Embracing Who You Are
How can your creations help others to be and love their true eccentric self? Brandi Carlile, multi Grammy winning singer-songwriter, producer, and NYT bestselling author has always loved music, but her love for people was the real impetus for her entire journey. She shares how to create community, what inspired her new album In These Silent Days, how you can embrace your gifts to be an advocate and an ally, and why you need to write your story.
- Join the Insiders Club for exclusive minisodes and behind the scenes content! https://cathyheller.com/insider
- Listen to Brandi's new album In These Silent Days https://brandicarlile.lnk.to/inthesesilentdays
- Follow Brandi on Instagram @brandicarlile
- Read Brandi's memoir Broken Horses https://brokenhorsesbook.com/
- Thanks Cove! Go to WithCove.com/DREAMJOB for 50% off your first month of medication and free 2 day shipping.
- Thanks Miro! Miro.com/dreamjob to start your free account
- Thanks Betterhelp! For 10% off your first month go to Betterhelp.com/dreamjob
- Thanks Truebill! Truebill.com/DREAMJOB - it could save you hundreds a year.
This show is exactly what I need to focus and get inspired to take action on my goals!
You have to listen🙌🏼
Cathy’s energy is contagious. She is a light shining so bright in an uneasy world. She is like your best girlfriend, always there to encourage you to step out and try something new. She knows that each one of us were made for more, and if you stick around long enough, she will have you believing it too.
I can’t put into words how much Cathy Heller has changed my life. I have binged this podcast from the first day that I found the first episode and cling on to each and every word as it just feeds my soul and passion to pursue my purpose. This is playing while I drive, do dishes, work at my desk, all times! Ivy league graduate dissatisfied with my corporate job, it’s so encouraging to hear other people share their stories and tell me that what I’m feeling is okay. Because of this show and this wonderful human’s gift of inspiring others I’ve finally decided to build my own business and it’s been an absolute blast of an experience and only proven success. I can’t wait for the day where I have reached enough success to be on Cathy’s podcast and tell her all about it.