On Episode 65 of The Healthy Charleston Podcast, I am excited to be joined by Dr. Met Henderson. Meg is a physical therapist who specializes in women’s health particular postpartum. We get into a lot of topics and yes go on some tangents!!! But there is really great advice loaded in here including things to look for when determining if a woman is healthy after giving birth to a child. What is healthy in general for women. What are some warning signs to watch out for and when to seek help. Dr. Meg was kind enough to share her knowledge of this field with us on today's episode. Meg wants women to thrive, be strong, perform their best!!! And shows us that the knowledge and tolls are out there...you just have to know where to look!!!
Reach out to Dr. Meg:
Via Instagram: @4thtrimester.chs
Via Website: https://www.4thtrimesterchs.com/
• Meg's background and how she chose her career path
• How Meg handles a full time career along with being a mother
• Understanding what is actually contributing to postpartum depression
• How a new mother is evaluated 6 to 8 week postpartum by Dr. Meg
• Evaluating the pelvic floor
• Personalized healthcare for women by Assessing women based on their physical goals and environment.
• Why getting a postpartum assessment is necessary even if you're not experiencing symptoms
• What are some of the symptoms that should warrant a mother to see a physical therapist or other women's health specialist t?
• What does Dr. Meg believe she is best at?
• What does Dr. Meg think she struggles at?
• What does Dr. Meg think think the number 1 thing is for the public to do to maintain their health and fitness?
• What is the textbook definition of a healthy mother according to Dr. Meg?
•What would Dr. Meg's walkout song be?