On episode 67 of The Healthy Charleston Podcast, we have three very special guests filling in for me. They are Dane Gifford, Nate Jones, and Matt Shiver of Made 2 Move Physical Therapy. They address the challenges of Olympic weightlifting, what it's like to diet as an Olympic lifter, and the many definitions of fatigue and physiological adaptations.
* Matt Shiver's educational and sports background
* The importance of training environment
* When have you gone too far in your training without properly progressing and recovering?
* What does an Olympic weightlifting diet look like?
* Use of PEDs in competitive sports
* Nate laying out the definitions of fatigue and what they mean
* What does it mean to have a strong 'mental game'?
* What physiological adaptation prevents us from dying under physical stress in sport?
* How a coach or physical therapist plays a part in preparing an athlete to address fatigue
* Dehydration or overheating? Which one is more detrimental to performance?