As a widely renowned industry expert, Paul Keckley has a first-hand view of the changing forces in healthcare today. In addition to being Managing Editor of The Keckley Report, Paul is a distinguished writer and researcher, who also worked extensively with industry trade groups on the development of the Affordable Care Act.
In this episode of Tuning Healthcare, Paul shares insights around key factors that are impacting payers, providers and consumers during the industry’s constant state of change.
“There are winners and losers in every sector, and the winners in those sectors have the technology, have the scale, have access to capital. They've got leaders that see a future where they're paid for a result instead of volume. They are looking at individuals, they're not looking at patients, and they're looking at ways of treating that go beyond a pill or a test.”– Paul Keckley
In this episode, Paul talks to Lumeris Senior Vice President Nigel Ohrenstein and discusses:
• The pace of industry change from volume to value,
• Insights from working on healthcare reform and the Affordable Care Act,
• The evolution of primary care and where health systems need to prioritize,
• Changing dynamics between payers and providers—and who will win and lose in the future,
• Private equity interest in primary care models and holistic care,
• The importance of leadership, technology, scale and access to capital in enabling the move to risk.
• Text Message Alert 1 Sound. Available at http://soundbible.com/2154-Text-Message-Alert-1.html.
• ECG Sound. Available at http://soundbible.com/1730-ECG.html.
• AM Radio Tuning Sound. Available at http://soundbible.com/2099-AM-Radio-Tuning.html.
• Intro music. Gordon Household. August 2019. WAV File.