Does it feel like no matter how hard you work, it's just not working?
Do you wish you had the confidence to create the life you want?
Elizabeth Gould is a bestselling author, speaker and High Performance coach. Elizabeth has written three books about how to overcome challenges using proven strategies from science and real life stories! Elizabeth's latest book, "feeling Forwards - How to become the person who has the life you want' has been endorsed by NYT#1 author and life strategist, Tony Robbins and received global acclaim.
Tune in for a few minutes a week to uncover the strategies and techniques revealed through decades of research and used by people around the world.
It's time to harness the power of your emotions and transform your life!
S6 E33 The #1 Secret of Success Self talk
This week I am diving into emerging neuroscience research around mindset and how the exact language in affirmations and how you talk to yourself, will propel you to success or keep you stuck.
In this episode I share:
• The power of self-talk and its impact on your brain development. (0:01)
• The impact of praise on children's mindset when facing challenge. (1:33)
• The effectiveness of nouns compared with verbs in self-talk and affirmations based on extensive neuroscience research. (5:05)
• The transformational impact of using effort-based self-talk for success. (6:52)
• My personal self-talk makeover project, finds it difficult to adopt effort-based statements.
• The self-talk structure that legendary Olympian Kerri Walsh Jennings uses and what role effort takes. (9:38)
• The power of using effort based self-talk to overcome challenges. (9:53)
And so much more!
Material referred to in the episode includes:
Praise for intelligence can undermine children's motivation and performance: https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1998-0...
Why do beliefs about intelligence influence learning success? A social cognitive neuroscience model: https://academic.oup.com/scan/article... Other Resources Dr. Carol Dweck: https://profiles.stanford.edu/carol-d... Dr. Alia Crum: https://profiles.stanford.edu/alia-crum
S6 E32 The Power of Spiritual Psychology with Drs Ron & Mary Hulnick.
Drs. Ron and Mary Hulnick are world-renowned educators and pioneers in the field of Spiritual Psychology, which they define as the study and practice of Conscious Awakening. Through their clarity of vision, intention, and purpose, Ron and Mary, Founding Faculty and Co-Directors of the University of Santa Monica (USM) have for more than 40 years, pioneered and established a dynamic educational institution offering Programs in Spiritual Psychology. USM’s unique Soul-Centered, experiential offerings are now available online and accessible to a global community.
Ron and Mary co-authored the widely acclaimed book Loyalty to Your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology published in February 2011 by Hay House and available in 12 countries and translated into eight languages. The book has been described by Caroline Myss as a “stunning masterpiece of primary importance.”
Their latest book, Remembering the Light Within: A Course in Soul-Centered Living, was published by Hay House in 2017. In the words of Arianna Huffington, the book is “an invaluable guide for anybody who wants to live a life of meaning and purpose.”
In this incredible interview, the three of us share;
• What is spiritual psychology and how does it connect with the loving nature in all of us. (5:07)
• How can you harness the elements of Spiritual Psychology to enable personal growth. (10:30)
• We describe how unresolved issues from childhood or parental relationships can be healed through self-awareness and spiritual growth. 18:46)
• How Israeli and Palestinian women came together in Jordan for a Spiritual Psychology workshop on heart-centered listening and found common ground. (24:21)
• The impact of Living a soul-centered life through service and self-awareness. (29:13)
• Healing and spiritual growth through rewriting life stories. (36:55)
• Harnessing the power of spirituality, personal growth, and manifestation for an incredible life through the programs at the University of Santa Monica. (41:55)
And so much more!
To connect with Drs Ron & Mary Hulnick :
Freedom to choose Prison Program
S6 E31 Is suffering part of achieving success?
Is suffering part of achieving success?
In this week’s episode of the Feeling Forwards Podcast, host Elizabeth Gould was inspired to dive into the interaction between suffering and success.
Perturbed by a supposedly positive yet confronting saying about how to achieve success, Elizabeth dives into musings on success and suffering interwoven with the latest scientific research including:
• The interplay between suffering and personal growth. (1:08)
• The latest research on what has the greatest impact – positive or negative events. (2:38)
• Which has the greater impact – post traumatic stress or post traumatic growth? (3:57)
• Cancer survivors' altered focus on their life’s purpose in remission. (4:01)
• THe relationship between resilience, pain and success. (5:02)
And so much more!
S6 E30 The best way to manage your energy?
As the Founder/CEO of SORCE, Jessica Corbin is dedicated to regenerating human energy, accelerating organizational consciousness and architecting a vital future.
Recently named by the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center as one of their Milestone Makers and brought into StartUp Health's portfolio of companies, the SORCE App is solving the $300 billion problem of stress and burnout through data driven + human centered technologies. The SORCE app and platform captures a user's physical and behavioral data to drive health + performance coaching for individuals, teams, and organizations.
In addition, Jessica is a sought after keynote speaker for organizations like Warner Brothers, Activision Blizzard, The Motion Picture and Television Fund and luxury spa Rancho La Puerta where she educates and inspires people to become profoundly resilient in body, mind and soul. Jessica has also appeared as a featured correspondent for mainstream TV networks and programs such as CNN, ABC’s The View, E! Entertainment, TechTV, The Style Network and the Science Channel.
In this podcast episode we uncover together;
• How Jessica’s college days as an elite runner taught her mental preparation, drive and high performance but also led to burnout. (5:16)
• The incredible link between regenerative business and solving the human energy crisis; (11:25)
• Using Heart Rate Variability as a biomarker for health and performance. (16:35)
• How harnessing AI can assist measuring and managing stress in the workplace. (28:43)
• Ways to use neuroscience to improve mental well-being; (34:11)
And so much more.
You can connect with Jessica and learn more about Sorce at:
S6 E29 Protecting women in sport with Boob Armour
Suzie Betts is an entrepreneur known for her remarkable journey as the founder of Boob Armour. A life-changing moment occurred in her late 40s when she experienced a sports-related breast trauma. This pivotal event, combined with her two active daughters, ignited her determination to ensure that no young female athlete would endure a similar fate. Her mission to safeguard breast health and introduce a ground-breaking market for breast protection led to the creation of Boob Armour.
Designed by women for women, Boob Armour emerged as an innovative solution meticulously crafted to provide confidence not only in sports but also in various industries where breast protection is paramount. From trades and mining to frontline work and defence and military roles, countless women have been exposed to potential risks without the protective measures they deserve. Boob Armour's breast encapsulation impact-absorbing inserts effectively shield against immediate and long-term breast trauma, reflecting Suzie's unwavering commitment to promoting breast health and safety across different spheres of life.
In this interview we explore;
The beginning of Suzie’s entrepreneurial journey resulting from a health scare (1:23)
What medical research had been done on breast trauma? (3.43)
The challenge of a start up with a radical new product. (9:59)
The latest feedback from athletes as well from fontline workers such as police and health professionals. (15:07)
How Boob Armour helps keep girls in sport for longer. (15.30)
How AI helps get a perfect fit online? (16:48)
The role to be played by insurance companies and sporting associations. (25.34)
And so much more!
You can connect with Suzie Betts and learn more about Boob Armour at
• boobarmour.com.au (Company)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
S6 E28 Bullying and brain damage - How to heal.
Dr Jennifer Fraser is an award-winning educator, author, and presenter. Her latest book, ‘The Bullied Brain: Heal Your Scars and Restore your Health’ shines a spotlight on the physical harm done to brains by all forms of bullying and abuse, the evidence on brain scans, and the strategies and techniques to recover optimum brain health.
Jennifer has a PhD in Comparative Literature from University of Toronto where she was trained to take different discourses out of their silos, put them into an arena and see if that changed the conversation. Putting bullying and neuroscience into the arena produces empowering insights into how we can all better care for our brain health and thereby attain happier, healthier, and more high-performing lives.
In this episode of the Feeling Forwards Podcast, we discuss
• How Jennifer’s early interest in literature and then her PHD exploring pedagogy in writing between the World Wars led her into the world of neuroscience and human behaviour(2:41)
• How this work led Jennifer to look at how bullying can cause physical damage to the brain. (7:23)
• How physical damage is manifested in the brain compared with the body. (12:24)
• Is there a tipping point in the brain when verbal or emotional abuse will cause brain damage? (17:55)
• How to communicate effectively as a parent, leader and educator to understand when bullying may be causing damage. (23:35)
• The essence of Jennifer’s ground-breaking work in her acclaimed book, ‘The Bullied Brain’ and key takeaways from her next book, ‘The Gaslit Brain’.
And so much more!
Learn more and connect with Jennifer and her work at
• bulliedbrain.com/contact (Company)
My favourite podcast!
Elizabeth’s incredible outlook on life and her approachable and friendly has really helped me understand how to be the best version of myself I can be! Thank you Elizabeth!
listening to Ellie a few times every week has really boosted my confidence and motivation. As an entrepreneur I feel less alone and more guided through Elizabeth's insights and personal reflections.
Every episode feels like an intimate chat with a friend! Ellie truly masters the art of making you feel included and involved in her daily topics which are very relatable. Thank you Ellie!