Two Australian Lesbians living polar opposite lives talking all things love, life, sport and culture.
Leigh is a happily married Mum and Rita is a single professional on the quest to find love. They will be sharing their thoughts and personal experiences on a range of topics that women go through from their 20’s to their 30’s.
Ep 28 - Half Him Half Her (with Stephanie Vaughan)
In this episode, Reets interviews an old friend with a very special story about gender and identity.
It has often been said that Gender is who you go to bed 'as', whereas Sexuality is who you go to bed 'with'. But what happens if you are born 'intersex' and sit somewhere in between male and female;
And what if you happened to learn, more than five decades later, that you had modifying surgery when you were born to to make you male... but you felt more female?
That is the case of Stephanie Vaughan from Busselton Western Australia.
Hear Steph's incredible journey which she captures in her recently released book, 'Half Him Half Her'.
NB: Trigger warning, this episode covers the topic of suicide and self harm. If you are feeling distressed or need to talk to someone please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Ep 27 - Growing Up Gay in Malta (ft. Martha Gatt)
In this episode Reets chats to Martha Gatt - a gay Me For Her fan from Malta on what it was like growing up gay in the 10th smallest country in the world. And by small - I mean their whole country's population is the same size as Tasmania!
Hear them talk about:
- Martha's 'G-ourney' a.k.a Gay Journey
- Coming out to European parents and getting kicked out of home
- How many swipes it takes to have 'no more matches' in Malta
- The podcast she started to help others
All this and more in this episode of the Me For Her podcast - Maltese edition!
Ep 26 - Friendships, Fall Outs and Forgiveness
In the last episode before Leigh takes mat leave, the girls speak about the wonderful topic of friendships. Hear them discuss:
- Then & Now friends - from Primary school to high school and beyond
- Single friends and the issues that can arise when one gets taken off the market
- New mums and the challenges they face when their friends without kids 'just don't get it'
- Friendship fall outs, and how to work your way back from a fight!
**EDIT: Leigh has since given birth to a beautiful baby girl Oli! This ep was recorded a week before she popped xx**
Ep 25 - Jaryd Cachia
In this episode, Reets chats to the first official Me For Her Male guest - former Carlton AFL player and dad of two Jaryd Cachia. Hear him talk about:
- Combatting toxic masculinity in a modern world
- How growing up with a single mum shaped the man he is today
- What he said to his ex-wife Sophie when she told him she was attracted to women, and
- How all men should learn to listen to and empower the women in their lives.
All this, plus more on Jaryd's career and passion for women's sport in episode 25.
Ep 24 - Mardi Gras & LGBTIQ+ Pride Special
In light of Mardi Gras last weekend, the girls catch up and reflect on their fav Mardi experiences over the last decade. Hear about:
- Their best Mardi memories to date (and the token lesbian tattoo Leigh got)
- The history behind Mardi and the story of how it started in 1978
- What Mardi Gras is like now in 2021 vs in 2011
- Why the LGBTIQA+ community (still) need to celebrate
NB: Mardi Gras is a chance to celebrate and be proud of being your authentic self. We honour anyone who has taken a stand for who they are and who they love, even if it meant being outcasted, bullied or turned away by family. We love you, and you are perfect just the way you are! x
Ep 23 - Long Distance Lovesbians (ft. Char & Jess)
In this episode, the girls catch up with Aussie babe Charlotte Hanson and American wrestler Jessica Fresh to hear all about their long distance relationship.
Tune in to hear the girls discuss:
- Who moved countries first, and when to take the jump
- The hardest thing about a long distance relationship, and
- The crucial advice they would give to anyone in the same boat!
Char and Jess get married this month, and we wish them all the happiness in the world! xx
Half him half her
Half him half her OMG what a story I felt so connected to this person I have no reason to be except I just felt every second of this I cried and I laughed but most of all I just felt so many emotions.... this story just gave my chills... crazy and wild.... thank you for sharing and opening my mind up to this subject...
This podcast is the only podcast that keeps me entertained to actually sit through the whole thing! Rita and Leigh and both hilarious talking about everything. I can’t wait for the next episode
Always sharing and raving about this pod!
Jaryd Cachia - what a guy!
That episode with Jaryd! Wow! I’ve always found many footy players to be insufferably arrogant and entitled but he’s an incredibly evolved human! He and Sophie should be really proud of themselves! So mature! Love the podcast!