Find out about everything Corvette-America's Sports Car! Join your host, Steve Garrett, as he talks about what's going on in the world of Corvette. Hear guests from the Corvette industry along with the latest news and information about Corvette!
Be sure to join the Facebook Group page for updates at:
And sign up for CORVETTE TODAY at:
Play CORVETTE TODAY on your smart device too! Just say, "Hey Alexa (or hey Google), play the podcast called CORVETTE TODAY", and you're connected!
CORVETTE TODAY #33 - News & Headlines, December 2020
Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on. Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1. First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy holidays-don't miss this News & Headlines podcast of CORVETTE TODAY!
ATTENTION--IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: CORVETTE TODAY #32 - Tadge Juechter, Executive Chief Engineer for Corvette is on the podcast!
Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY! Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position.
Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6. You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette! Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market!
Then Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.
Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!
CORVETTE TODAY #31 - News & Headlines For Mid November 2020
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com collaborate to bring you the latest news in the world of Corvette! Here are just a few of the topics covered in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1. Chevrolet announces 2021 C8 production starts on December 8th
2. 2021 Corvette Allocations and Orders Underway
3. BGA has 2 day shutdown because of Covid issues with Mexican supplier
4. Chevrolet salutes Oliver Gavin as he concludes his full-time roll with Corvette Racing
5. A 2008 Corvette C6 Z06 sets the track record for a naturally aspirated engine.
6. GM presents C8 HTC & SUV at 2020 China International Import Show
7. Corvette wins its category in the JD Power US Resale Value Awards
8. 2014 Corvette from the movie “Spencer Confidential” on sale on Craig’s List
Be sure to check out this week's episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
CORVETTE TODAY #30 - Legendary C2 Corvette Designer, Peter Brock.
It's one thing to hear Corvette stories from enthusiasts. But it's another thing to hear legendary stories from the man who actually made the stories happen himself. Steve Garret has the honor of talking to the legendary man who drew the design for the iconic C2 Corvette Sting Ray, Mr. Peter Brock.
It was Peter's original design that wound up becoming the C2 Corvette. Peter tells you, first hand, about Corvette almost being killed in the late 50's and early 60's. He also tells you how Bill Mitchell single handedly saved Corvette from extinction! Mr. Brock also recounts the story of how Zora Arkus-Duntov hated the 1963 Split Window Corvette. He tells you why it was made as a split window and how it became a one-year car. Do you know why Corvette has a Grand Sport? If you don't, Peter explains the origins of it.
Peter Brock was also the first employee hired by the legendary Carroll Shelby. Did you know that Peter designed the Shelby Daytona Cobra coupe? You'll hear that story here too. Plus, Peter talks about the movie "Ford v Ferrari" and gives you the REAL story behind the movie!
DO NOT MISS THIS PODCAST....the man who lived the story actually tells you the story--it's Peter Brock on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!
CORVETTE TODAY #29 - Corvette News & Headlines For November 2020.
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com collaborate to give you the latest updates from the world of Corvette. Here are some of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1. More C8’s dealing with faulty valve springs-GM extends build window for affected engines
2. The C8 is the Car Of The Year from Popular Mechanics.
3. 2021 Configurator is now online.
4. New Carbon Fiber pieces plus new accessories coming for the 2021 C8.
5. Find out where he perfect place to store E-Ray batteries in the C8 Corvette is.
6. Batwoman’s new ride is a C7 Corvette Shooting Brake!
These are just a few of the topics discussed on this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
CORVETTE TODAY #28 - Meet The Owner Of The Largest Corvette Show In America (Corvettes At Carlisle)...Lance Miller.
Steve Garrett introduces you to Lance Miller. Lance is the Co-Owner of Carlisle Events, which hosts the largest Corvette show in the country-Corvettes At Carlisle.
Corvettes at Carlisle is one of the only major Corvette show that took place this year. Lance talks about how things went this year during the pandemic. Plus, he also talks about what the show is like during a non-pandemic environment.
Lance is also the owner of the 1960 #3 Corvette that won it's class at Le Mans in 1960. You previously heard about this valuable car on CORVETTE TODAY in podcast #14 with Kevin Mackay, podcast #15 with Michael Brown and podcast #22 with Jan Hyde. But in this podcast, you get the story from the owners perspective!
It's Lance Miller from Corvettes at Carlisle on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Corvette Today Podcast just gets better and better?
He Podcast gets better and better with every episode and actually can't wait to see who your next guest will be. You are such a knowledgeable host with many connections in the Corvette Community!
Maybe also get Dave Kindig on to talk about his Prize Winning Corvette Restomods and Classic Corvettes his #BitchinRides #KindigItDesign Team Builds.
#CorvetteFans #Subscribe & #Download #CorvetteToday #ThePodcast & go for self-distancing drive and listen to #CorvetteToday.
SafetyMichael from @CorvetteSuperCars