Get to know experts in the Canadian franchising community! Season 2 of the Franchise Canada Chats… podcast features franchisors, franchisees, and leaders in the industry. Check back every week for the latest episode and subscribe today!
Season 3 Episode 10 | Greg Nathan - Getting Franchisee Buy - In To Change
In this episode, we feature Greg Nathan, a registered psychologist and founder of Franchise Relationships Institute. He explores how franchisors can maintain their franchisees’ confidence as they work together to battle the challenges and changes of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here, Greg shares his expertise as a leading global expert on the psychology of the franchise relationship to explore a variety of tips and tools that franchisors can use to lead their teams.
This episode was adapted from Greg’s keynote presentation titled “Getting Franchisee Buy-In to Change” as part of the Canadian Franchise Association’s Business Recovery Summit Series. The month-long series of webinar presentations took place throughout October. You can learn more at CFA.ca.
Season 3 Episode 9 | Catherine Monson - Leading Through Challenging Times
In this episode, we feature Catherine Monson, CEO & president of FASTSIGNS International. She explores how franchises across the country have been put to the test throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here, Catherine shares:
- How to confront crisis as an opportunity for change, to refocus, and to capitalize on what’s coming in the future
- Franchising best practices
- How being an inspirational and effective leader involves learning how to develop a positive mental attitude with your team using goal directed behaviour.
This episode was adapted from Catherine’s keynote presentation titled “Leading Through Challenging Times” as part of the Canadian Franchise Association’s Business Recovery Summit Series. The month-long series of webinar presentations took place throughout October. You can learn more at cfa.ca.
Season 3 Episode 8 | Demetre Eliopoulos - Consumer Insights Today
In this episode, we feature Demetre Eliopoulos, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Public Affairs at Angus Reid Group. He shares advice as a public opinion expert about how Canadians have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and how they’ve changed their lives and the ways they would like to be communicated with.
Here, Demetre shares:
- How Canadians’ jobs and finances have been impacted by the pandemic
- What businesses they’re interacting with most
- How they feel about advertising today, and much more.
This episode was adapted from Demetre’s keynote presentation titled “Consumer Insights Today: Understanding the Perceptions and Needs of Canadians in a COVID-19 Environment” as part of the Canadian Franchise Association’s Business Recovery Summit Series. The month-long series of webinar presentations took place throughout October. You can learn more at cfa.ca.
Season 3 Episode 7 | Todd Cohen - Everyone’s In Sales In YOUR Franchise Store
This episode features keynote speaker and author, Todd Cohen, who shares how to crush the negative stereotype of sales in order to cultivate a team that is dedicated to the process of getting a customer to say “yes!”
Here, Todd shares:
- How every interaction with a customer is a selling moment
- How to empower your staff to embrace their unique talents
- How to redefine our culture and go beyond business recovery into business acceleration, among much more.
This episode was adapted from Todd’s keynote presentation titled “Everyone’s in Sales in YOUR Franchise Store” as part of the Canadian Franchise Association’s Business Recovery Summit Series. The month-long series of webinar presentations took place throughout October. You can learn more at cfa.ca.
Season 3 Episode 6 | Angela Coté - Franchise Growth Catalyst
In this episode, we talk to Angela Coté, an international Franchise Growth Catalyst with both franchisor and franchisee experience who uses her knowledge to help growing companies get their start as they join the franchising community.
Having grown up the daughter of M&M Food Market’s founder, Angela joined the franchising industry at just 18-years-old and has developed an abundance of wisdom in her 25 years in the field. Now, she runs Angela Coté Inc. as a franchise business coach who guides brands through all the stages of franchising.
During this episode, Angela shares:
- The top traits of the ideal franchisee
- The “5 Rockstar questions” that franchisees should ask prospective franchisors (spoiler alert: having passion is a key to franchising!)
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has created an increase in collaboration for franchising, and much more.
Season 3 Episode 5 | Robert Bruski - Ctrl V
In this episode, we talk to Robert Bruski, CFO of Ctrl V, a virtual reality arcade franchise. Robert teamed up with his long-time friend and CEO, Ryan Brooks, and Ryan’s cousin and COO, James Elligson, to come up with a compelling and unique way of incorporating technology and virtual reality into their everyday lives.
Since their launch in 2016, Robert and his team have expanded Ctrl V to over a dozen locations across Canada, the US, and Costa Rica, and are the world’s largest virtual reality arcade franchise.
During this episode, Robert shares:
- Why franchising with Ctrl V is a great opportunity for Generation Z members
- Key learnings he’s picked up about owning a business
- How business was affected by COVID-19
- His proudest accomplishment with the brand (spoiler alert: Ctrl V has tons of achievements!), and much more.