The Show Where Today’s Top Energy Experts Break Down Today’s Top Energy Issues
How to Think About Consensus
A couple months ago, a young researcher named Emily Harari reached out to me about my views about the scientific consensus on climate change. She raised some interesting questions I hadn’t commented publicly on, so I agreed to do the interview if we could share it with my listeners.
This week’s Power Hour features that interview.
Some of the topics we cover are:
- The legitimate and illegitimate view of consensus
- How to learn the actual state of consensus
- The National Climate Assessment
- How consensus statements often misrepresent the state of consensus
- The role of the media in distorting science
- How transparent should consensus discussions be
- The obligation of scientists to stand up to false consensus statements
The California Wildfires: A Historical Perspective with Chuck DeVore
On this week’s Power Hour Alex Epstein interviews Chuck DeVore, a Vice President at the Texas Public Policy Foundation and former California state assemblyman on the California wildfires. DeVore has extensively studied the history of fires in California, and gives a fascinating historical perspective that points the right path forward.
Questions covered include:
– What is California’s climate like historically in terms of being prone to fire?
– How were forests and fires dealt with by natives prior to the Gold Rush?
– How were forests and fires dealt with subsequent to the Gold Rush?
– What policies have been most responsible for making us Californians vulnerable to dangerous fires?
– How have logging policies affected vulnerability to dangerous fires?
– How have air quality policies affected vulnerability to dangerous fires?
– What are the most important policies to fix the situation?
– How can we as citizens get involved?
Patrick Moore on How “Green” Forest Mismanagement Caused the California Wildfire Disaster
On a special bonus episode of Power Hour Alex Epstein interviews Patrick Moore, ecologist and cofounder of Greenpeace, on the realm causes of California’s wildfire disaster. Moore pins the blame squarely on “green” forest mismanagement.
Topics covered include:
– What are the top policy changes necessary to prevent dangerous, out of control wildfires (not the same as fires)?
– How does private vs. government ownership of land affect the likelihood of dangerous fires?
– What are the major drivers of dangerous, out of control wildfires?
– What places in the world have the best wildfire management?
– How have government policies changed for the worse in the US?
– How do you respond to claims that these fires are inevitable because of climate changes?
– Dr. Moore’s forthcoming book on invisible catastrophes.
Promoting freedom and energy in 2020 — interview with the Club for Growth’s David McIntosh
On this week’s Power Hour, Alex Epstein interviews David McIntosh, President of the Club for Growth, one of the world’s most influential free-market organizations.
The Club for Growth recently shared Alex’s EnergyTalkingPoints.com website with its members and the candidates it works with.
In the interview Alex asked McIntosh a wide range of questions relating to promoting freedom and energy in 2020, including:
– What does the Club for Growth do?
– How does the Club for Growth select and help free-market candidates?
– What are the most important issues at stake this election?
– Why did the Club for Growth share Alex Epstein’s EnergyTalkingPoints.com?
– What has McIntosh learned about effectiveness in Washington that supporters of energy freedom can utilize to become more effective?
Congressman Chip Roy on The 2020 Energy Debate
On this week’s Power Hour, Alex Epstein brings on Congressman Chip Roy to discuss the 2020 energy debate and how pro-freedom candidates and citizens can be successful in it.
Some topics they cover include:
– Why energy policy has not been a big topic of discussion so far, particularly among Republicans.
– Why we can expect energy policy, including climate policy, to be a big topic in the final two months of campaigning.
– What Congressman Roy thinks of EnergyTalkingPoints.com.
– The challenges candidates face in dealing with a wide variety of issues.
– Some of the most common energy and climate questions candidates need help responding to.
– How to promote EnergyTalkingPoints.com.
The Real Villains Behind CA Wildfires and Blackouts with Michael Shellenberger
On this week’s Power Hour, Alex Epstein brings back Michael Shellenberger, our most popular guest of 2020, for an in-depth look at the California blackouts and the California wildfires.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Simple and refreshing
Alex you have reframed a complicated subject and made it factual and simple.
Simply pointing out that we come from an unsafe environment that fossil fuels help make safe is a framing that is simple and factual.
Thanks so much Alex!!
Alex utterly transformed my thinking on energy issues. Always entertaining.
Amazing. Everyone on the planet should be listening to these.