Multi-faceted Mumma is a pregnancy and parenting podcast for all first timers. In Season 1 Holly documents her pregnancy, discussing the highs, the lows and the taboo subjects.
Throughout the podcast, Holly will be talking to other multi-faceted parents on how they juggle their busy lives with parenting amongst many experts on birth, the postpartum period and motherhood.
The one about the postpartum plan
I had the pleasure of talking to the creator of the postpartum plan Meg Murray Jones.
In this episode we discuss:
- why a postpartum plan is even more important than a birth plan
- how to feel good postpartum
- fear clearing- therapy and journalling to release trauma
- how to make the most of your 6 week postpartum check up
Trigger warning: mention of trauma and multiple birth stories which listeners may find distressing.
The one with the Birth & Motherhood Empowerment Coach
I had the pleasure of chatting with the wonderful Birth & Motherhood Empowerment Coach, Claire Thomas @thebloommeexperience
Due dates, being over due and the pressure that comes with it
Induction and what it can entail - TRIGGER WARNING- I discuss my induction story and part of my birth
Empowering yourself for birth and getting support postpartum
The one where we do a gender reveal
In this episode I discuss:
- The second trimester and a few new weird and wonderful symptoms
- Our gender reveal over Christmas
- The books you NEED to read!
- Thinking about that dreaded word LABOUR and whether to include an epidural in the birthing plan- IF I ever make a plan.
The one where I moan about the first trimester
In this episode I discuss:
- First trimester symptoms, fatigue, nausea, sickness and more nausea...breathlessness and a horrible taste....did I mention nausea?
- Weird food aversions
- Working out in the first trimester
- Early private reassurance scan at 8 weeks
- First scan through the NHS & what to expect on the day
- Telling family and friends
TRIGGER WARNING: this is purely based on my pregnancy and what I am experiencing. Some parts of the episode may be triggering for some listeners.
The one where I wee on a stick
Welcome to my first ever episode of Multi-faceted Mumma!
Whether you're a first time parent or you've done this all before.. I guarantee you will get something out of this podcast.
This first episode will discuss:
- The fears I had around having children- is there ever a right time?
- When I first found out and all the emotions that came with that
- Keeping it a secret in the first trimester
- Useful apps I used to track my cycle and for help and support
TRIGGER WARNING: this episode discusses fertility and conceiving etc which listeners may find upsetting.
Coming soon- a brand new pregnancy and parenting podcast with Holly Etheridge. Hit the subscribe button so you don't miss an episode!
Loving this podcast following Holly's pregnancy journey, very honest and relatable. Really looking forward to the next episode and excited to follow the rest of her journey into motherhood!
Funny and relatable
Really enjoying following holly’s journey - it’s good to have someone to listen to and know someone else is going through this weird pregnancy adventure !! Looking forward to the next episode 👍🏻 thanks girl