Options Boot Camp is designed to help get you into peak options trading shape by teaching you options trading inside and out, basic to complex. Listeners can even submit their own options questions to be answered on the show.
Options Boot Camp 105: Hedging Crazy Markets Revisited
Back by listener demand, Mark and Dan once again explore potential ways to hedge your portfolio during crazy markets. They explore the pandemic pros & cons of the following four strategies:
- Protective Puts
- Put Spreads
- Ratio Put Spreads
- Stock Substitution
Options Boot Camp 104: Selling vs. Buying Puts and Why You Can't Trade VIX
On this episode, Mark and Dan answer you questions about:
- What is the best skew shape for an options collar?
- Are we better off selling puts rather than buying them?
- Why can't we update OI more often than once per day?
- Is there any way to trade the VIX directly rather than the futures?
- and much more...
Options Boot Camp 103: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida of Iron Butterflies
On this episode, Mark and Dan explore the crazy (but definitely not cowardly) world of Iron Butterflies. What are they? Why would you want to trade them (or not trade them)? Plus they explore your $VIX outlook and answer your questions about Gamma Scalping.
Options Boot Camp 102: Gamma Scalping for Beginners
BASIC TRAINING 101: GAMMA SCALPING
- WHAT THE HECK IS GAMMA SCALPING?
- LONG GAMMA = LONG THETA.
- WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT IT?
- WHEN SHOULD I USE IT?
- GAMMA SCALPING EXAMPLE
- ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SKEW DATA AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS.
OBC 101: Why are Puts so $%S! Expensive!?!
BASIC TRAINING: WHY ARE PUTS SO EXPENSIVE
- VOLATILITY COMPONENT OF AN OPTIONS PRICE
- INVESTMENT SKEW
- S&P 500 VOLATILITY SKEW
- COMMODITIES SKEW
- ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION ABOUT VOLUME CONTRACTS FOR VARIOUS STOCKS AND CHICAGO BEING THE HOME OF THE DERIVATIVES MARKET.
Options Boot Camp: The 100th Episode Spectacular
MAIL CALL SEGMENT
TODAY WE ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT:
- FORECASTING MARKET DIRECTION
- COMPANY PR AND OPTIONS EXPIRATION
- IMPLIED VOLATILITY VS. ANALYZING THE NET COST OF THE TRADE
- DELTA AS A TRUE MATHEMATICAL PROBABILITY
- OPEN INTEREST IN THE OPTIONS MARKET
- HEDGING STRATEGIES
- BROKER REQUIREMENTS FOR OPTIONS TRADING
- FULL TIME OPTIONS TRADING
- AND MUCH MORE