A new Gate commission written and performed by Clare Dunne, the IFTA Award-winning writer of Herself, Something In You Knows Things is an immersive, guided 35-minute audio walk experience that encourages you to meditate on our environment, the intimate ties that bind us together, and the global challenges we now face. And to have a little dance while you do it.
Part 1 - Walk
After a year of working from home, travel restrictions, and separation from loved ones, we invite you to come for a walk.
A walk into the world around you, to experience it as you never have before. A walk with a friend perhaps, or a group of friends, to reflect on all that has been, is now, and can be.
This immersive, guided 30-minute audio walk experience encourages you to meditate on our environment, the intimate ties that bind us together, and the global challenges we now face.
And then to have a little dance afterwards.
Contains strong language.
HOW TO LISTEN
1. Choose a destination around 25 minutes away from your starting point at a comfortable walking pace. (Or 20 minutes if you want to play it safe and stroll very slowly.)
2. Walk anywhere you like, just make sure you can walk there safely.
3. If a friend or housemate is walking with you, walk from separate starting points to the same destination and roughly synchronise your arrival times. When you meet at the end, you can enjoy the Dance Section together.
4. When you are ready to start, press play on the Walk Section track and follow the spoken instructions. Make sure you're using headphones!
5. Once you reach your destination, press play on the Dance Section track at the same time as your friend(s). Or if you are alone, play the Dance Section at home after the walk back. Or listen whenever and however you like.
Part 2 - Dance
It's time to dance!
Now you've reached your destination, press play on this Dance track at the same time as your friend(s). Or if you are listening on your own, play Dance at home after the walk back. Or listen whenever and however you like!